Chapter 10

"Zach. Go away." I grumble as I feel a shake on my shoulder. Judging from the light, it is around 11:30am. 

        "Rise and shine sunshine" 

        "I feel like I've been shot. And I've been shot before. So I don't take the saying lightly" 

        "Where?" he says, holding back a laugh. 

      "It's radioactive through my whole body" I say decisively. "I can't move Zach. And I really have to pee" I whine. 

        "Come on I'll help you" he says, leaning forward to hook an arm under me, while the other hand gripped mine tightly. "On the count of three" he says, and I'm surprised to not see a smirk on his face, he's actually being serious right now. 

        "One, two, three" he softly pushes me up from his arm behind me and pulls me from his arm. I wince as I sit up, my abs hurting extremely. There had to be more to that workout than I remember. There had to be. I'm certain of it. 

        "owwww Zachhhh" I moan. 

        "What can I do? I'm right here" still no hint of a smirk. Wow he must actually feel bad about killing me yesterday. 

        "It feels like my guts are being ripped apart, and then there are muscles ripping in both my arms and legs" 

        "I'm sorry babe, but there's nothing you can do about that other than move and try to stretch it out" he chuckles slightly but still no smirk...

        "I'm honestly about to cry this hurts so much. Remind me again why I ever decided to work out with you?" I whine again. He keeps pushing without a word until I'm sitting upright. He kneels down in front of me and tilts his head up to softly press his lips against mine. They only brush together before he pulls away, 

        "I guess I feel a little better" I half-smile at him

        "Good" he smiles a satisfactory grin, but still not a smirk. "I don't like seeing you in pain. Especially after just watching you lay helplessly in hospital beds. Twice" he looks down at the floor. 

        "When was the second?" I'm confused. 

        "When you got shot" he states obviously, shooting me a 'duh' look. 

        "But you weren't there...Preston was" 

        "I wasn't there when you woke up, but I was there. I was in the waiting room through a ten hour surgery. I was at your side for a day. But I left, because I had to go talk to the trustees about letting me stay right before you woke up" he smiles sadly, and his eyes cloud slightly as it looks like he remembers that day. The day when no one knew if I would make it or not. He shudders slightly and looks back at me, relief flooding through his face as forgetting that I'm still here. Alive. 

        "All this time I didn't think you came. I thought you were still mad at me about everything. I've got to admit it kind of killed me a little inside" I admit to him.         

        "Cammie fight or not I would have never abandoned you when you needed me. Never. Besides, what was I mad at you for?" he looks genuinely confused. 

        "That I went out without backup? Something before that that I can't even remember because everything that day is clouded by being shot?"

        "Gallagher girl I was never mad about that. I wasn't mad at you at all. I was just shocked with the whole Townsend ordeal"

        "Well I'm glad to get that cleared up" I feel like a weight has been lifted. Weights. I think and shudder. I hate weights so much. My arms and legs will forever scorn them.