Chapter 12

A/N: Wow I really don't know how the time flew by so fast...I've been so busy with school, I didn't realise how long it's been!!! Sorry about that, I'm going to try as hard as I can to update twice a week give or take. Warning: slightly mature content...but they're teenagers in love so what're you gonna do? 

        The four of us wake up nervously as we anticipate the day ahead. Macey wakes me up an hour earlier than usual to start with extra hair and makeup routines. I'm sat down in Macey's desk chair and I can feel her working away at my makeup, while Bex curls my hair into soft beach waves. To top it off, Liz then braids small sections from the front of my hair into two delicate braids and then ties them together with a black clip at the back to give it an extra touch, and to keep it out of my face as well. I take a look in the mirror and see my eyes are carefully lined with eyeliner and a reasonable coat of smoky mascara is on my eyelashes. My skin tone is even and my lips are coated with a neutral lipgloss that just adds a bit of shine. Then, Macey and Bex do eachother's hair and makeup and we're good to go. I wish that I could do something like that, but I really have no talent in that area. None of them trust me with pointy brushes or extremely hot devices...I'm not the best at that sort of stuff. Scratch that. I'm dangerous. Yes my coordination rivals the best spies in the world, and I can execute hundreds of different maneuvers that are unknown to 98% of the world population, but beauty tools? I was banned after I almost burned off a large section of Bex's hair in the 7th grade, follwed by starting a miniscule fire in our room. You know, the usual. But anyway. All morning I've felt really queasy and I can't place it. I just decide to ignore it. It's probably just nerves. Once we're all done getting ready, we head down to breakfast where we sit at our usual seats next to the boys. 

        "Hey Gallagher girl" Zach says to me as I slide onto the bench next to him. He slings his arm lazily around my shoulders and presses a kiss to my temple. I smile quickly but then it falls as much as I try to hide it. But of course he sees it, Zach is a spy for goodness sakes. A very good one at that. He has a talent of noticing the most tiny details that even a great spy could miss. It's one of his specialties. He lowers his voice so that only we can hear it. 

        "Hey, what's up?"

        "I'm just nervous"

        "What for? The course?"

        "No...yeah... I guess" I hold on for a few seconds before I can't hide my true thoughts anymore. 

     "Well don't be, Gallagher girl" he asks. "Do you really not want us to do this? Because if you're really that uncomfortable we don't have to, it's not a big deal, it's just a class. You can always do something like this at a later time when you're actually working. You've got a while before you have to go out in the field"

        "No it's not that, it's a good experience...but Zach look at me" 

        "I am looking at you, I look at you every second of every day" He tries to smirk, but sees I'm serious. 

        "But I mean really look at me, not everyone can have the body of Bex Baxter"

        "I can't even talk to you about this. Yes, Bex has an amazing body" My heart sinks a little "but who the hell cares what Bex looks like? I certainly don't. All that matters to me is you, and I'm not comparing you to anyone else." I gave him a small smile. 

        "I don't look like what I used to look like, Zach. Yeah, I've put on a little bit of the weight that I lost this summer, but I still look like a child" 

        "Gallagher girl you look anything but a child. You're gorgeous, and you're you. That's all I want" 

        "Well what if I just can't be... sexy?"