Chapter 23

3 updates in 2 days...how much do you love me? Hopefully this makes up for my little hiatus...This isn't great but I'm writing what wasn't already written really really late so yeah...enjoy :) (you won't be smiling in a couple pages...)

Cammie POV

After 2 days, my mum forces me to return to classes, although I'd caught up with all missed assignments while in the hospital room. So, for the next week, I'm with Zach from right after school till early morning when school starts. Slowly but surely he's regaining strength, and if all goes well he'll be out of the hospital and able to return to classes tomorrow. I've been trying to save these moments, because I'm not sure how many of them I'll have left. Every time I talk to him and tell him about spring break, or the first two weeks of school, or how my day was, I'm almost overcome with guilt, but I know I can't tell him until we're in a more private setting. Besides, it's not really the easiest conversation to have, you know?

How was your spring break Cammie?

Oh it was great Zach, I got your child aborted without telling you but other than that it was great.

I shake the vision out of my head as I kiss his forehead before I fall asleep, him already a step ahead of me.

The next day I bring Zach's uniform to his room, and wake him up for school.

"Ughhhhhh" he groans. "I did not miss having to wake up this early" I can't help but smile. The old Zach is definitely back. I wrap one arm around his back, and grab his hand with the other and help him out of bed as I have so many times in the past week. I get him up to a seated position slowly, where he slouches, his breathing labored, and his eyes squeezed shut in pain.

"You okay? You don't have to go to school if you're in this much pain"

"No. I'll be fine. I need to get back on my feet" he says firmly.

"Alright then" I say, and at a snails pace I get him standing. I slide his hospital gown off, letting it drop to the floor and leaving him in his boxers. I gulp at the sight, marveling at the sight of his still perfect six pack after what's been over a month of no working out, I assume. I grab his pants from the bed and drop to my knees, helping him get his feet inside his pants, since he can't bend over.

"God have I missed seeing you on your knees for me" I blush and keep focused on the task at hand, knowing that if I look up at him right now, we will never make it to class.

"I get it, I get it. School comes first" he says, mocking my nagging from the last time we almost missed class due to this. I sigh at the thought. Everything was so much simpler back then.

"Soon" I give him an empty promise yet again. Tonight, everything is going to change. Even I can admit that. I finish dressing him and I carry his books for him as we walk to class slowly, not wanting to push things. We get in the elevators down to the sub levels, and finally make it into Solomon's classroom 10 minutes late. Solomon stops writing on the board when he hears us coming in, not even bothering his grin at seeing Zach up again.

"the soldier returns from war, I see" He jokes "You ready for P&E today?" he jokes further and Zach grimaces.

"Mr Solomon, I can guarantee that it's going to take a little longer than that before I can manage wind sprints and getting a kick from Bex in the gut" Everyone laughs while Bex mutters "what can I say"

"Well it's good to have you back Goode, now sit down"

The rest of the day goes by practically the same way. Every teacher congratulates Zach on his return, and every class that goes by makes me more nervous. Before I know it, dinner is over and Zach and I enter our room for the first time in forever, it seems. It's time.