Chapter 18 <Six>

"Do you really want to meet him?" Silas almost purred at me. I looked at him a little shocked before I slowly nodded. Silas stared at me and smiled as his demeanor began to change again. He seemed to lean back in his chair and became more relaxed. His eyes were a calm red and they seemed to study me with them. "Six?" It felt weird to just stare at him so I looked down at my bare feet.

"Yes?" I answered.

"What, you wanted to meet me and now you're all shy? My names Adam, nice to meet you officially." He stuck out his big hand and waited for me to shake it. I chewed on my bottom lip and reached out, taking his hand to shake it.

"Nice to meet you..."

"That's cute," he purred at me again, keeping a firm grip on his hand. "Technically, we've already met before. I just wasn't this formal about it. And you were too oblivious for me to actually do anything, really. Sorry about that." Adam was smiling at me and trying to keep eye contact. It sort of made me feel awkward.

"It's not your fault..." I decided to reassure him even though I could tell he didn't need it. "...Do you take over when Silas' eyes are red?" I asked slowly.

"Hmm...well, yes and no. Sometimes his eyes turn that color just from his emotions. But lately, ever since we've been around you, I have been taking over. I like watching you, Six." Adam smirked down at me and stood up, placing his hands on either side of the chairs arms.

"You...like...watching me..." I repeated slowly while trying to process how close he was to me. For some reason I felt really hot my my ears and neck. My heart was beating really fast too, it kinda felt like I was dying to put it dramatically. "Why? I'm not very interesting..."

"You're not interesting?" Adam scoffed out. "Baby, you were an assassin sent to kill me but failed miserably and now your the prisoner of a man who happens to also be the devil. You're pretty interesting." He crouched down and grasped at my legs, now staring up at me. "I think I'm going to have to actually go to that place and find any kind of information myself. Ella hacked into your little friends system, but there was no trace of you in their files. I guess they're smart enough to keep your information off the internet," Adam sighed out, suddenly changing the subject. I began to frown and mumbled.

"You're going to go over there? Are you sure they'll have files on me?" I asked quietly.

"Why wouldn't they?"

"...I guess you're right..." I whispered. "When I was there, I was tested on a lot. So it would make sense they would have at least something about me there. I've always wanted to know what they were doing to me and why. I assumed that it was to make me scared to disobey them or it was to brain wash me. But now that I'm away from all that and I really think about it, they weren't doing it for those reasons. Every time they spoke to me, the doctors, they were sort of say in a way that I was their hard work. I want to know what they were doing to me because I've never felt any different after those appointments..." I buried my face in my hands while trying to think. "And I want to know if I ever belonged to a family..." My voice sort of cracked and I could feel my eyes tearing up.

"Six..." Adam mumbled after a moment of silence. I rubbed my damp eyes, refusing to look at him. "I'll make sure to see what I can find. Hopefully I don't disappoint you."

"You won't. I probably wouldn't mind if you didn't find anything," I whispered, finally being able to look him in the eyes. I blushed a little because I felt embarrassed. "This is weird." I admitted out loud, letting my legs drop so that I was sitting up right, normally. "I thought I hated you but I don't. Not completely."

"That's good to hear. We did kiss, I would hate to hear you dislike me after we shared such a passionate make out session," Adam said with a sly smirk. My eyes widened and I felt speechless. That...was real? No, it was a dream, Silas would never...both of them don't like me like that.

"What?"

Adam arched an eyebrow at me. "Don't tell me you don't remember."

Oh god. "I...I thought...wait.." I felt really hot. So hot I wish I had a fan near by. "That was real?" Adams eyes widened and a smile broke out on his face. He laughed so loud, I'm sure the walls shook. "Don't laugh!" I gasped, covering my face.

"You thought you dreamt that?" Adam laughed out hysterically. "I'm kinda flattered that you would even think that it was a dream. It's hot that you would want to dream about us making out."

"I'm leaving," I rushed to say, standing up. Adam scoffed and pushed me back down on my seat.

"It's also sort of irritating though. Maybe I should've done something else to make sure you knew it wasn't a dream," Adam sighed out, resting his arms on my lap. Something else?

"...Like...Like what?" The look that formed on his face told me I really shouldn't have asked because it was a perverted look. I could tell.

"Maybe something like giving you a hand job," he said seriously. My face scrunched up and I pouted to, self consciously pulling my shirt over my crotch. I don't know how I would react if he did that to me.

"I don't get it though, why would you want to do that?"

"Because I enjoy the faces you make when we kiss. Now I want to know what other faces you can make." I gasped again and looked away, feeling embarrassed at this topic.

"No." I mumbled. "Stop it, you have to do your work. I only asked you to come out to meet you. G..go away," I stuttered out.

Adam stood up and sighed, walking over to the door. I froze in shock expecting him to leave but he didn't. Instead he reached out a jiggled the door knob, and when it didn't budge he walked back over to me, he grabbed my arm and yanked me to my feet. I stumbled a little in surprise before gaining my footing back. "Did I make you mad again?"

"Shut up, you always think I'm mad at you," he growled.

"Because you always act like you are."

"No, I'm actually always frustrated because you don't know everything just yet." Adam glared down and me and grasped my face.

"Why can't I just know?" He sighed and shook his head.

"...Because I don't want you to panic. But I guess, since you know this much, I'll tell you one more thing and we'll take a break. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Soulmates. You know about soulmates right? Have you seen anything about it?"

"No."

"They're beings who were once one in the same but were split apart from each other and now they run around these days trying to find their other halves. So their completed and can live a happy life until the very end." Adam stared into my eyes. "Everyone has a soulmate. Humans get lucky I guess, but non-humans most definitely have one."

"Do you have one?" I asked. "Even Silas?"

"Considering we're one person now, yes. Wanna take a guess who it is?" Adam seemed to be pretty confident I would answer correctly but I still thought about it for a moment. There's no way I was me, it wasn't probably someone he's been close with. That woman popped up into my head.

"The lady who attacked me. Gracie?" I guessed. Adam's face fell and he let me go, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Silas just called you smart a couple of minutes ago..." he muttered before looking at me. Silas seemed to be in control now because his eyes were brown again and his demeanor seemed to change back. "First of all, it's Greta. Second of all, no, baby boy. It's not her."

"...oh...sorry." I looked away. "Then who is it?"

"I'll show you." Silas grumbled, lightly pushing me towards the couch. I sighed and sat down, watching as he sat with me. He leaned towards me which made me freeze up. Silas nuzzled his face into my neck and I felt him pinch the skin near my collar bone with his teeth. I let out a surprised yelp, and I pulled myself away.

"Do you get it now, six?"

I felt really hot again.

"Yes." I quickly answered.