Chapter 38 <Six>

Content warning: NFSW/Sexual Content

"Six!!!" Ella shouted, dashing over to me with open arms. I had looked up from the book I was reading in Silas's office the minute I heard the door open. She crashed into me before I could even blink and hugged me very tightly. It was a awkward hug since she caught me by surprise. I was sitting criss-cross almost completely sunken into the sofa in the office. She had to bend down to hug me which must've been easy for her since she's shorter than me, at least. I quickly moved my arms out from between us to hug her back and watched Silas lean against his desk, grinning at her. "I missed you so much! I mean I know it hasn't even been that long but I was so worried!" She sounded like she wanted to cry but was holding it back. I rubbed circles into her back, making a very poor attempt at comforting her.

"Well, don't worry anymore, I'm here now," I almost stuttered out, completely shocked that she missed me that much. I mean, it's not like we're that close, right? Ella pulled away from me slowly and looked up at me, blinking her eyes rapidly until they stopped watering.

"Yeah, you're right," She laughed out sheepishly. "You're okay, though, right? All healed up?" Ella tilted her head, her eyebrows furrowing as she continued to speak. I simply nodded and gave her a reassuring smile that seemed to work on her because after that she proceeded to go back to her usual self. Her voice brightened after that, "Awesome!" She chirped. "Hey, so I while I was working I actually picked up a book that I thought you might like. It's pretty long and I think it might be a romance novel? Do you like romance novels?" Ella moved to sit next to me, hugging her knees to her chest. Today she was wearing some brown cargo pants and a big, over sized T-shirt with some kind of band on it. Probably one she's showed me before, obviously I forgot about it though...

"I'm not sure, I've never really read one before," I said with a shrug and put my own book down as she held it out for me. I reached out to grab it from her, examine the cover which was made of paper. Ella always noticed the little things about me somehow. I've never even told her that I only like to hold paperback books, but she noticed. Or maybe I'm over thinking it. The cover was a pretty calming blue, though, and the title was in gold with two silhouettes of a couple from what I could tell.

"I read through some of it and it has some...ahem...saucy scenes," she giggled out. I scoffed and rolled my eyes at her attempt to teased me. "It's true! Just thought I would warn ya, don't worry, this time I'm not teasing you," Ella sighed out, faking a pout and looking off to the side dramatically. Again, I rolled my eyes at her before curiously reading the back, mumbling, "Saucy parts, huh?" Before gasping as the book was suddenly snatched out of my hands. I looked up at Silas who scoffed, examining the book like it was a filthy rag.

"You don't need to read this shit, just stick to what you usually read." I narrowed my eyes at him and Ella groaned. "Why?" I asked, Ella following my lead and sneering out, "Yeah, why?" She folded her arms over chest, clearly more annoyed than I could ever be right now. Silas smirked and fanned himself with the book. "Because you're living you're own romance story with me, including the 'saucy' parts~" He gave me a big grin and leaned down, slowly kissing me. I instantly pushing him away by his forehead with a hot face and glance over at Ella who's face with scrunched up with disgust.

"Who are you to snatch up my gift to my best friend AND kiss him?" She stood up on the couch placing her hands on her hips. "I hope you know that I bought that book myself with my own money!" —"Oh yeah? You mean the money I pay you with?" Silas smirked smugly as Ella's expression dropped and then turned sour, reaching over to grab the book from his hand. "Whatever! That's not the point, the point is that it's his gift so he's allowed to read it because I say so, as the one who gave him the gift!" She tossed the book back onto my lap and I quickly grabbed it, hugging it to my chest.