Chapter 45 <Six>

CONTENT WARNING: Slightly heated scene towards the end

Adam glanced over at Magnus who had a proud look on his face as he spoke. "We've found a way to bring down the protective barrier surrounding the location of Prides facility." So many people in the room sat up in their chairs, excited looks exchanging with nervous ones. But I stared at the two men like they were crazy. I think I might've been the only one to give them that look in the entire room. Adam looked at me with a cocky smirk and reached out to run his fingers through my hair. I smacked his hand away and opened my mouth to yell at him.

"Are you saying that you're going to him instead of letting him come to us?" I asked. "That's dangerous, Adam, we don't even know how much they've recovered it's been almost a month and a half!" Adam hummed and gripped my jaw gently while I spoke in a hushed voice. "But we do. Ella still has access to some of their cameras. You took out an abundance of their people, princess. They're struggling right now." I almost cringed in embarrassment when he used that nickname in front of all these people. My eyebrows furrowed and I slowly moved my head away from his hand. It's not that I didn't think that we could put an end to this. I was just worried that I could lose Adam and Silas.

Which was a stupid thought and I knew that, there's no way anyone could take Adam on and survive. If my fathers stupid little soldiers couldn't even take me on, this would be easy. "So how are you going to take down the barrier?" Anarchy asked, leaning on his elbows on the table.

"Their barrier has grown weaker, I have a feeling that whoever made it either bailed on them or is dead. So it shouldn't take much dark magic to take it down now. Magnus will be taking it down and I'll go in with people I've handpicked. I don't want to hear who should've got the job instead of the other once I announce who's going in with me." Adam glanced at Ella who immediately gaped. "I didn't even want to go!" She sneered, crossing her arms over her chest. I smirked and bumped her with my shoulders as if I were teasing her. Adam crossed his legs and folded his hands in his lap while he stared me down once I had turned my attention back towards him.

"I'll announce who is coming with me now." His voice boomed, quieting down some of the whispers in the room. "Anarchy and Magnus."

"Of course," Anarchy stared smugly at me. I blinked, a little confused. What's with that look? I looked back over at Adam and waited for him to call my name.

"Nicholas."

Okay, I'm next.

"Ranger."

Who? I looked around the room then back at Adam. "Who's that?" I asked Adam but he ignored me. The next few names he states I didn't even know and by the time he was done, it dawned on me that I wasn't going with him. "Adam-

"We leave in 3 days. You're all dismissed." Everyone stood up and rushed out the room. My leg bounced in anticipation as everyone left the room. All that was left was the six of us in that room. Nicholas had stood up and closed the door, locking it when I stood up. "You can't do that." I stated strongly. "I'm the one who should be there when he dies!"

Adam sighed and reached out to grab my waist but I stepped away. "This isn't fair, Adam, I should be going with you, are you fucking joking?!" Magnus let out a long whistle. "I told you he wasn't going to be happy." I shot Magnus an irritated glared while Adam stood but walking over to me. "Rowen just listen to me, you don't heal as quickly the rest of us do and you've done enough in my opinion—

"No I'm going with you. I need to do this, you don't understand. I need to get rid of him myself this isn't fair, Adam." I began to walk around the table as he followed me. I didn't want him to touch me or hold me, I was pissed off. "I swear if you don't let me go, I'll find a way to get there myself!" I seethed, dragging a chair out into the space between us. He stopped walking and looked at the chair, trying not to laugh. My jaw fell and I almost threw the damn chair at him.