Chapter 22 <Six>

TW: Derealization and panic attack begins at ** and ends at ^^.

Subject #06

That's what the top of the paper read in big bold letters. Under it was boxes and rectangles with information in them.

Last name: Petrov
First name: Rowen

"..."

"What's wrong?"

"It's...it's my name..." I looked at Ella. She smiled a bit.

"What's your name?"

"Rowen Petrov..." I stared down at the paper and frowned. I feel detached from it. The name I mean.

"That's a cute name," Ella said, seemingly trying to remain positive. My eyes never left the paper but and did thank her. I could tell she was trying to make me feel better about all of this. I sighed and continued to read on.

Sex: Male

Notes
Entry #1 xx/xx/xx

New subject. Age is 7 years old. Today we will be conducting an attempt to erasing this boys memory. Then after that, the real experiments will begin along with his training. His number will be 6.

Entry #2 xx/xx/xx

Subject 06's brainwashing has been a success. After a week constant trauma inducing experiments, Subject has appeared to forgotten life before arriving. The first experiment will begin after subject has passed through multiple trials of training with little to no mistakes. We will make one simple injection after a couple of strength tests and see if anything has changed.

"Six? You look like you're going to be sick..." Ella said, placing a hand on my back. I squeezed my eyes shut and shook my head.

"I'm fine," I whispered. "I just need water." I put the folder back down whiling sitting down and leaning back in the chair. I felt nervous to continue reading and there seemed to be pages upon pages of entries like this. "I think I'll skim through them to see which entries are the most important. Or the most informational..." I corrected myself.

"Are there any pictures in there, or like information about where you came from? Who your parents were? Siblings?" She asked, placing a cup of water in front of me.

"I don't know..." I sighed and picked up the cup, taking a couple of gulps. "I haven't really looked that far...I want to read through everything first. I want to see what exactly they've been doing to me." Ella hummed and looked at me.

"Do you want me to stay here or..." she sort of fidgeted in her stance next to the chair near me. I smiled slowly and nodded.

"Yeah. Maybe you can read some things and I read it too. It could go buy faster," I suggested. Ella sat down looking surprised.

"But isn't this stuff personal? Like, these could be way they tortured you..." she mumbled softly. I paused thinking about it for a moment. Ella hasn't done anything wrong at all. In fact, she's probably been the first person that was nice to me when I was captured. She helped me get these files to me first and she even brought me cupcakes. I wouldn't mind if I shared a little bit of my life with her. I mean, I'm just discovering it anyways. Ella wouldn't judge me.

"Yeah I'm sure. Just point out anything you find out, I'll be okay." I began splitting up the stack of papers and we began to read. I think both of us are on edge as well, encase Silas or Adam decided to pay us a visit. He'd probably be a little mad that Ella snuck this for me.