Chapter 24 <Six>

I slept with him again. I really don't know what's with me. I know I like him but...

"Six," Silas mumbled next to me. I blinked and looked away from the book shelf. I was standing in front of it with a blanket wrapped around my naked body. Silas had been asleep up till now. It was early in the morning, 7 am. I looked at Silas who was now sitting up in bed, squinting at me a little like he was trying to get his eyes to focus.

"...Are you okay?" I asked, slowly walking over to the bed. Silas scoffed softly and stared at me, his eyes scanning me up and down. I blushed a little and sat down at the edge of the bed.

"I'm just fine, are you okay?" He leaned forward and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"...yeah, I feel fine. I mean, I'm disappointed with how little I've learned about my family but, at least I know what I am." I really do like Silas. If I didn't, I wouldn't be telling him all of this. But I'm worried he's going to get tired of me if I keep sleeping with him. I mean, people have gotten tired of me before. There was that one time one of the scientists used me...it happened for a while...and then suddenly he was just done. It's not like I enjoyed being used but...at one point it was all I knew so...

I felt a like I did something wrong.

What if Silas gets tired of me? Even if he says he isn't using me, that we're meant for each other, how does someone not get tired of me? I was probably gonna be thrown away anyways after that place was done with me.

"...Six, why are you crying?"

"Huh?" I looked at Silas and reached up, wiping my tears away quickly. "Oh...I didn't notice-"

"What are you thinking about? Those bastards again?" Silas spat through gritted teeth. I blinked and hesitantly nodded. It was close to the truth.
"I...it's hard not to," I mumbled. "They...raised me I guess." I rather not ask him about my worries. I'm too scared I'll be right.

"...I could make you forget about them," Silas said quickly. I blinked in surprised and stared at him obviously. He stared back at me and tilted his head.

"You...you could do that?"

"Yeah. I could. I can do a lot of things, remember? Only if you're willing to do it though." He shrugged and I moved more onto the bed, sitting criss cross. Silas smirked a little at me but it didn't seem to bother me as much as it use to.

"I'm not sure forgetting them will do anything for me," I admitted. "I won't remember them but...my subconscious would probably do it for me, right?" Silas hummed and nodded.

"That's true, but I could just make it so that it doesn't. Either way, though, you'd probably sense something is missing." I bit my lip and sighed. "And you already have had some of your memories erased so don't take me up on that offer, baby." Silas gave me a tight smile and tucked some hair behind my ear.

"Your hair is getting much longer," He said suddenly. I blinked and reached up to touch it. It was growing past my ears.

"Should I cut it? I've always had my hair short. It's harder to grab in combat," I said while twirling a lock between my fingers. Silas smiled and tilted his head, combing his fingers through my hair.

"No, I prefer you with longer hair. Last night it came in handy," He commented. My eyes widened and I jerked my head away from his grasp with a searing hot face. "What?" Silas laughed out.

"You have a big mouth!" I spat, getting up and dropping the blanket to walk to the bathroom. Silas was laughed, almost cackling at me. I huffed and closed the door locking it. He didn't need to come inside with me. He could shower in his own room. While I was showering he was knocking on the door and calling out to me but I ignored him or just told him to go away.

"But I wanted one of your good bye kisses, six!" Adam called out through the door. I rolled my eyes and just dried up with my towel, standing in front of the door. "Go away!" I shouted, grabbing my toothbrush. Adam groaned loudly and sighed. "Fine, I'll go. But you still owe me a fucking kiss." I rolled my eyes again and began to brush my teeth, not bothering to unlock the door just in case he was waiting there. I leaned down to rinse my mouth after finishing and once I was done I straightened back up and looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes widened and I let out a loud yelp, turning around to face Adam.

"Did I scare you?" He asked with a huge smile on his face. I gaped at him and looked over at the door that was still closed.

"How did you...get out!" I said, opening the bathroom door. Adam scoffed and shoved his hands into his pant pockets. How did he even get changed so fast? I glared at him and walked out to change myself. I paused and looked over at Adam who was just staring at me with his arms crossed over his chest. He leaned against the door way and smirked, blatantly eyeing my body. I blushed once against and pulled on some underwear under the towel around my waist. Adam make a huffing sound from behind me as I managed to deflect his attempts at seeing my naked body. I took the towel off and got dressed.

"You're no fun," Adam teased me and hugged me from behind. "Guess what." I looked at him from over my shoulder and sighed, my shoulders slumping.

"What?"

"I think it's okay to let you roam around this place freely now."

"Oh you trust me now?" I asked sarcastically.

Adam hummed and rested his chin on my head. It sort of hurt. "No, I trust them now. I trusted you a while ago. Everyone has either forgotten about that whole murder situation or just moved on. They probably don't like you but they won't hurt you. Because now they know you're not someone to be messed with." He moved away from me and I turned to look at him.

"How do they all know that?"

"Because I've made it clear that if one hair on your hair is so much as touch, I'll come up with a brutal punishment. I'll protect you." He reached over and ruffled my damp hair gently. I stared at me and for some reason my heart felt warm. Maybe it's because I was being protected by someone I...liked. I've never been protected because someone just simply wanted to. I held back the smile that tried fighting its way onto my face and looked away.

"...thanks..." I said softly.

"Didn't I say not to thank me?" Adam asked with a smirk. I cracked a smile and looked at him, nodding. So instead of thanking him, I leaned up on my toes and kissed his lips slowly, lingering there before pulling away. "Oh, that's much more like it~" He winked at me. "Come on, I'll show you around, yeah?"

"I know where most of everything is though. I had an entire map of your layout given to me, remember?" I said with my head tilted in confusion. Adam chuckled and stretched his arms over his head a bit.

"Why do you think I've been so busy? Sure I've had some shit to deal with but I also have to change this place around and move it to a different area." What? Adam noticed my confusion and chuckled. "Did you forget that I'm not an ordinary demon? I change our location and arrangement of the building a lot. I mean don't get me wrong, we're still it the same place as before, but not to humans."

"You can do that?"

"I can do anything I'm allowed to. Which it most things like this," He answered simply. "Now are you ready to be shown around, baby boy?" Slowly, I nodded my head and watched him grab my hand securely.

"Let's go."