Chapter 10 •Six•

Silas came up to my room the next day holding a little baggy. I scooted to the edge of the bed and took the bag from him as he handed it to me. The chip inside the clear plastic still had little pieces of flesh stuck to it. I felt it through the bag before my other hand came up to touch the back of my neck.

"This was here?" I asked quietly. Silas nodded and stuffed his hands into his pockets. "Destroy it." I said looking up at him. Silas grinned and me and snatched it up, stuffing it in his pocket.

"Good choice."

"Can I go outside today?" Silas looked at me before shaking his head. "No."

"Why not?"

"If you're so bored, just watch some TV," Silas scoffed out. "What do you like watching, cartoons?"

"No...I've never seen any cartoons before. I don't want to watch TV..." My eyes narrowed as Silas groaned out like a child. "I want to look around or something. You said that I could if I made the deal with you."

"And you will. But in case you haven't noticed, everyone hates you, six. You're injured as everyone hates you," Silas spat in frustration.

I bit my bottom lip and slowly looked at the curtains. "Yeah, I know." My hands came up and I began chewing on my index finger. Maybe he was right, I guess some one could try to kill me. "But don't you think it would be better if it happened?" I looked over at Silas.

"If what happened?"

"If someone killed me. I think that it would be better for everyone else if I just died. A lot of people would be at peace, wouldn't they?" I laid down on my back and threw my arms above me. "I've killed a lot of people..." I whispered, like it was a secret. "I think if I died, I would make a lot of people feel more at peace..." Silas didn't answer me. I looked at him and he was just staring straight ahead instead of over at me. I think he was thinking about how to answer. I raised my foot and nudged his thigh since he took a while. "Silas?"

"I'll let you hang around in my room and in my office. That's it for now."

"But your office is far. I would have to go outside for that, right?" Silas tilted his head at me.

"Actually, I some secret tunnels running around under ground," Silas said and grinned at me. "If you weren't so innocent to all this though, I would do the easier way," He muttered and scoffed as if he heard a sassy comment. I wonder if he talks to himself? He might have a screw loose and that's why he hasn't killed me.

"I'm not innocent," I muttered with a heavy sigh. "What easier way is there...?" Maybe I should ask about Adam.

"Not telling you. If I did I would be trusting you completely," Silas said with a smirk before he reached over and placed a hand over my injured thigh. "Is this feeling okay so far?" I nodded and looked at him.

"It just has to heal right? I'll get the stitches out soon? I don't like using the crutches," I mumbled.

"If you think you don't need them, I can take them away. You are just here for a little bit," Silas chuckled out. I looked down at his hand and slowly grabbed his wrist moving it away slowly.

"Yeah, that'd be okay." Silas hummed in response and picked up the crutches. I really wanted to ask him who Adam was but I had a feeling he wouldn't tell me.

"Silas?" I watched him paused from walking to the door. "Are you going to leave now?" He looked over at me and nodded before smiling tightly at me. "Can I ask you something?"

"Go on," Silas said, leaning against the wall.

"....I want books," I said slowly after deciding not to ask about Adam. "And a book shelf to hold them." I looked over at him. Silas smirked and nodded, pushing off of the wall.