Chapter 26

CHAPTER 26
Ayla VS. Victoria
(WARNING! SPG scene ahead!)

Sancho wrapped her wet body with the bath towel he bought.

"Still cold?"

She huddled herself in it and shook her head.

"How did you know I was there?"

Napabuntong-hininga ang binata at saka napasandal sa kanyang upuan. He started the engine of his car.

"Jack saw you, and he called me."

She snorted. As if the guy really cared about her. Knowing Jack, they really didn't have a nice bond.

"Agad akong umalis. Tamang-tama naman at lunch break."

"Were you scared?"

He turned to her, and she looked at him.

"That I'm going to kill the baby?"

He looked away and started driving.

"I'm more than scared," anito habang diretso lang ang tingin sa daan.

Isinandal niya ang likod sa kanyang kinauupuan. Napatingin siya sa binata. Mild rain was hitting the pavement.

"The child really means so much to you, isn't it?"

"Yes, and you mean even more to me. I'm scared to think that you're having a hard time coping from this alone. Nag-aalala lang din ako. I can't even stay by your side most of the time."

Nanatili lang ang mga mata niya sa labas. Hindi alam kung ano na ang patutunguhan ng buhay niya ngayon pang unti-unti niya nang naiwawala ang mga taong mahahalaga sa kanya. Isa na ro'n ang kanyang kaibigan.

"At nag-aalala lang din ako kasi alam kong nahihirapan ka."

Nilingon niya ito. Even if he was not looking directly at her, she could see the sadness in his side profile.

"We both put ourselves into this, but it seemed that you're the only one who's suffering."

He turned his head to her.

"And I feel bad...guilty. And I couldn't think of any way to help you out."

She swallowed, having no strength to reply at all. She just wanted to listen to everything that he wanted to say.

"I want to keep the baby. But the longer we're keeping it, it seemed like a burden to you. And I hate to see you suffer."

"Then what do you want me to do then?"

He looked straight on the road. He released a breath of frustration.

"You want to keep the baby, you hate to see me suffer, yet you don't want me to abort it."

"See? That's the problem. We're only keeping it in my favor. You didn't also get rid of it because of me."

He scrubbed his face and put his hand back on the steering wheel.

"And I think I am the problem."

Napaiwas siya ng tingin.

"There's no one to blame but this child."

"Ayla, Selene has nothing to do with this—"

"Atticus!" she shouted at him.

He just sighed. They were both frustrated dealing this, but they were just starting.

Silence filled the air. Inis siyang napasimangot.

"What should we do then? Para naman hindi ka na mag-alala. Why don't you get rid of me instead?"