Chapter 29

CHAPTER 29
The birth of Selene

They went to the resort after that and was literally surprised how empty was it.

"What in the world...?" ani Ayla sa hindi makapaniwalang tono.

"It's like the magic is gone. Everything is so...empty," sabi rin ni Sancho sa malungkot na tono ng boses.

"Told 'ya. This resort is really near to get closed," Brittany said and sighed.

Bakas din sa mukha nito ang lungkot. Base sa kwento ng kaibigan, ito na ang naging tahanan ni Brittany sa loob nang ilang buwan. Binigyan nga ito ng trabaho ni Lorenzo at kapansin-pansin ang naging pagbabago nito.

She worked as a janitress in the resort and bar. It was hard for her at first not until she got used to it.

"Nasaan si Lorenzo?" tanong ni Jack habang nakakunot ang noo. Kahit pa hindi man nito sabihin ay bakas ang pag-aalala sa mukha nito.

"He's in his room," Oliver said pointing the hotel.

Agad naman silang dumako roon. Kasabay ng pag-ihip ng hangin ay ang pagliparan ng mga dahon na halos doon nang nagsi-ipon sa swimming pool.

Ayla felt sad that she couldn't bare to look at everything. The resort now seemed to look haunted.

Her heart pained at the thought that this wasn't looking just as the same as before. Sancho was right. It seemed to lose its magic.

"He's sleeping," Oliver whispered after peeking into his room.

"We don't want to disturb him, do we?" Sancho said, worriedly.

"Can I..." Ayla said, her voice cracked. Kanina pa kasi niya pinipigilan ang mga luhang bumabadyang tumulo mula sa kanyang mga mata na halos manikip na ang kanyang dibdib sa pagpipigil.

"Can I go in?" she finally said. She sounded begging.

Napabuntong-hininga si Sancho at hinarap siya. Pinahiran nito ang kanyang mga luha at hinawakan ang kanyang mukha.

"Of course, baby. But stop crying already. You don't want him to see you crying, do you?"

She suddenly wiped her tears away, and Sancho smiled.

"Good. Besides, Lorenzo doesn't really like it kung ipapakita mong naaawa ka sa kanya."

She nodded and took a deep breath.

"And Ayla, will you convince him?"

Napalingon siya kay Oliver.

"Not to close the resort."

She could see how Oliver was trying his best not to show any sadness in his face, but she could see it in his eyes.

"Because this is like my home." He looked at Brittany and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "Our home. We can't afford losing this. Not only for us Brittany, but also for Mateo and DJ and other staff of the resort who spent their lives serving here."

Ilang sandali pa bago siya sumagot ng tango. "I'll do the best I can."

Oliver smiled weakly, and then they left. Sumunod na rin si Jack at saka si Sancho.

She inhaled a deep breath. Pinihit niya ang doorknob at saka siya pumasok.

Everything was fine. The room was still well-organized and clean.