✦・thirty one╭╯

Yoongi entered the mansion. It was bigger than Hoseok's house. The room was well lit, huge glass chandeliers covered the ceiling. The room was air-conditioned. This made goosebumps appear on his skin. Like every mansion, this one also had a grand staircase. Windows were fitted on the outer walls. There was a small balcony fit between the windows. It gave the mansion a very elegant look.

People swarm all over the place. Some were dancing to the slow melodious songs, while some stood in groups talking. A few people devoured the delicious food provided. His stomach growled seeing all the food.

"Let's split up." Namjoon suggested reading the room. Everyone agreed. "Me and Yoongi, Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin and Hoseok and Zia."

All of them split up in the groups assigned by Namjoon and went in different directions.

"Let's search on top of the stairs." Yoongi said, and the two of them walked up the steps of the grand staircase. From the top of the staircase, a velvet carpet rolled down and stopped at the last step. People leaned over the polished handles, talking politely. He ignored them and continued climbing.

When they reached the top, he saw a corridor; it opened into a hall at one end and led to many rooms at the other. All the rooms were closed in contrast to the hall, which was bursting with life and energy.

Namjoon and Yoongi silently agreed to leave the rooms alone and went into the hall. Yoongi kept a close eye on his necklace. It could start blinking any time.

"This place is huge." Yoongi commented.

"Let's go in a little further." Namjoon said, fixing his bowtie.

Yoongi took a glass of wine from a passing server and gulped it down. He was having a bad feeling. The earlier they found the Phenomenal the better.

Unlike the hall downstairs, no one was dancing here yet, slow songs were being played.

Yoongi started walking around the hall. He walked near people to see if his necklace blinked.

"Yoongi, where are you going?" Namjoon asked, when he realised Yoongi wasn't beside him.

"Trying to find the Phenomenal." he whispered. Yoongi looked around. No one was paying them any attention. They blended perfectly.

"Stop walking around in circles. You'll attract attention." said Namjoon. Yoongi didn't realise he had been walking in circles all this time, and he halted.

"There are so many people. Why can't this Phenomenal just show up and we'll be on our way." Yoongi muttered in frustration.

Why couldn't they find one like they found Taehyung? It would be so easy. Half of their job would be done. All that was left was going to Eroth and kicking the monster's ass and restoring peace. It wouldn't be hard if things went according to their plan.

Suddenly, a window beside Namjoon shattered. Both the boys ducked and moved away from it. A piece of glass had scratched Namjoon's face and a streak of blood fell down the side of his face.

Luckily, people scurried away from the window when the glass shattered. Everyone ran to the opposite side of the room, making sure they didn't get hurt, but Namjoon and Yoongi didn't move at all.

Yoongi looked out of the window and saw a well-maintained lawn below him. He squinted his eyes to see properly. He could see a dark figure at the edges of the lawn and saw a flash of white, but it disappeared quickly. It had to be a monster smiling at him.

"Yoongi look at this." Namjoon whispered to him urgently, clutching his arm. Yoongi diverted his attention to the former. Namjoon showed him a chit.

I KNOW WHERE THE ONE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS. YOU WILL FAIL IF YOU DON'T COME TO BEHIND IN THE LAWN AT THIS INSTANT.