✦・thirty nine╭╯

Jin took a deep breath to steady his heart rate. Sweat running down his hair. His face red from exertion. Fighting about fifteen to twenty monsters had left, all of them exhausted.

"I think that's the last of them." Namjoon panted heavily.

Jin eyed the burning dead monster bodies scattered in front of him. The monsters had attacked unexpectedly.

For a few moments, he was in shock at what was happening around him. He quickly threw the biggest rock at the monster, but the monster simply dodged it. The rock hit a tree's trunk, and the tree broke in two. Jin felt bad for breaking the tree, but there was no time to mourn about it. He had to kill monsters before they killed him.

Yoongi was standing in front of the dead bodies. Clutching his thigh where a monster had pierced his skin. His hands were full of his own blood while he was trying to stop the bleeding. Cursing under his breath.

The others moved closer to him.

Jin saw the cut engraved on Yoongi's thigh. He couldn't tell if it was deep, but it looked bad.

"I'll call Jimin." Jin said, reaching into his pocket, but Yoongi stopped him.

"No." he said. "We have to move now. We are close to the monster's base. I can walk."

"Are you sure?" Namjoon asked. Yoongi nodded.

"At least stop the blood." Jin suggested.

Hoseok shrugged off his backpack and dug into it, finding something to stop the blood. Luckily, he found a spare shirt in the bag and tossed it to Jin. Jin bent down to wrap the cloth around Yoongi's thigh. Yoongi hissed in pain and gripped Jin's shoulder tightly. As the cloth dug into his skin, Yoongi's grip on Jin's shoulder tightened, till his knuckles turned white. But Jin neither complained nor moved till he had securely tied the shirt.

They started walking ahead. Yoongi was limping slightly.

"After this, I want to rest for a few days." Jin said hopefully. Anyone could agree they needed a break.

They climbed the rest of the mountain in silence. Occasionally checking for monsters, but there weren't any. Jin wanted to say the monsters were all dead, but he didn't want to jinx it.

"Wait, what about the others?" Hoseok asked suddenly.

Jin had completely forgotten about the others. They didn't talk to any of them after parting ways to kill monsters and didn't know of their whereabouts.

"I will call Jimin." Yoongi said, removing his phone from his pocket and calling Jimin. He put it on speaker.

After a few rings, someone picked up. "Hello?" said a voice. It wasn't Jimin.

"Night? Why do you have Jimin's phone? Is he hurt?" Namjoon asked quickly, frowning at the phone.

"No, he is fine. Why did you call? Is someone hurt?" she asked.

"Yes." Jin said.

"Who?"

"Me." replied Yoongi quickly. "But it's fine. Minor injury."

"Where are you both?" Hoseok asked her.

"Oh, Jungkook got injured, so we went there. Jimin is healing him now." she replied, her voice carried a hint of admiration.

Jin's eyes widened. Jungkook was injured? Was he going to be okay? He remembered Jungkook's cute little smile. The way his eyes lit up when he laughed. Why was he thinking about that? Jungkook was going to be fine. Jimin was healing him.