Chance Encounter (Finn Balor)

Finn Balor X Reader

~

I only had a few hours to relax in my hotel room before I had to get ready. Tonight was the start of WrestleMania weekend with NXT TakeOver: Dallas. Triple H had invited me to see the show and to do some press for WrestleMania.

Luckily, it didn't take me long to get ready for the night.

Once I was dressed, I grabbed the Divas belt before heading outside where a car was waiting for me

When I got to the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, I went inside and found my seat in the front row. Tonight was the first NXT show I got to go to since it was known as FCW. It was nice to just be a fan in the crowd for once rather than being in the ring.

The show soon got underway. A tag team title match kicked off the night. Followed by a few singles matches and a match for the NXT Women's Championship. The last match of the night was for the NXT Championship. The challenger was Samoa Joe and the current NXT Champion was Finn Balor. Tonight, Balor was in his demon gimmick.

The match was just getting started when Joe's face got busted open. The ref kept pausing the match to wipe the blood from his face which was just pissing off the crowd. The chants ranged from "let Joe bleed" to "fuck PG."

The two got close to the barricade which led to Joe throwing Finn over the barricade and accidentally into me. I did my best to catch Finn, but the chair I was in tipped over and we both ended up on the floor.

Finn gave me an apologetic look before quickly getting up and getting back to his match. I sat my chair back up so I could watch the rest of the show.

Later...

When the show was finished I went backstage to find Hunter, but I ended up running into Finn first.

"Uh..it's (Y/N) right?" Finn asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"I just wanted to apologize for landing on you earlier and for getting face paint all over you," Finn said.

"Oh, it's fine, don't worry about it," I said.

"Are you sure?" Finn asked.

"Yeah, the paint will wash out and if it doesn't at least it can be a conversation starter," I said.

He laughed.

"I'm glad you see it that way," Finn said.

"Hey, do you happen to know where Hunter is?" I asked.

"He's usually back with pictures after a show," Finn said. "Come on, I'll show you."

I followed him to where they were doing photo ops and sure enough, Hunter was there.

"Hey, (Y/N)," Hunter said when he saw me walk in. "What'd you think of the show?"

"It was awesome," I said. "It seems like a great roster and I loved the energy coming from the crowd tonight."

"Who knows, maybe I'll get you in NXT one of these days," Hunter said.

"Maybe," I said.

"Hey, since you have the Divas title here, would you mind getting a few pictures with our NXT champ?" Hunter asked. "It could be good promotion for WrestleMania especially after that fall you took."

"Very funny, but I'm up for it if you are," I said, looking over at Finn.

"Let's do it," Finn said with a smile.

After we took a few pictures together I planned on leaving, but Finn stopped me.

"Are you going to be in town for a bit?" Finn asked.

"Well yeah," I said. "I'm kinda needed for WrestleMania."

"Oh, right," Finn said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Would you want to go out for dinner tonight?" Finn asked.

"Uh...sure," I said. "We should probably both get cleaned up first though."

"Yeah, of course," Finn said. "Where are you staying?"

"I'm at the hotel a few blocks down," I said.

"Okay, how about I meet you there in an hour?" Finn asked.

"Sounds good," I said.

I left the Convention Center and went back to my hotel room. I decided to take a quick shower since I had the time.

As I was getting out of the shower, I heard my phone buzzing on the counter. I wrapped a towel around myself before answering it.

"Hey, Seth," I said after accepting the call. "What's up?"

"The three of us are heading out for drinks. You in?" Seth asked.

I put my phone on speaker and laid it back on the counter so I could get dressed.

"Can't," I said. "I already have plans."

"What plans?" Seth asked. "And why do you sound so far away?"

"You're on speaker so I can finish getting ready," I said.

"Ready for what?" Seth asked.

"I'm going out to dinner," I said.

"Why would you go out by yourself and not with us?" Seth asked.

"Never said I was going by myself," I said. "I met a guy at NXT TakeOver tonight and he invited me out."

"Who's the guy?" Seth asked.

"Finn Balor," I said. "He had a match tonight and ended up getting thrown into me."

"That's a hell of a way to meet," Seth said.

"Tell me about it," I said. "Well I should probably get going."

"Alright, we'll talk later," Seth said.

"You got it," I said before hanging up the phone.

I finished getting ready just in time for Finn to pick me up.

The two of us spent the next few hours having dinner and getting to know each other.

Before we said our goodbyes for the night, we made plans to go out for drinks after WrestleMania.