When You Date A Callihan: Part 2 (Sami Callihan)

Sami Callihan X Harper Moxley (OC)

Flufftober Day 2: Sneaking Out

~

I did one last outfit check in the mirror before texting Sami to come get me. When I saw his car pull up I opened my window and climbed out. When I closed it I left a crack so I could open it again from the outside.

Sami leaned over and opened the passenger side door for me when I got closer.

"Hey," I said when I got in the car. "Ready to go?"

"Did you really have to sneak out?" Sami asked.

"Well we haven't told Jon yet and while I think he's asleep, I didn't want to risk it. I have to walk past his room to get to the door and if he woke up he would have wanted to know where I was going," I said.

"You could have just lied," Sami said.

"You would want me to lie to my brother?" I asked while acting surprised.

"Like you haven't lied to him before," Sami said.

"True, but this way I don't have to since he doesn't know," I said.

"Whatever you say," Sami said. "We'll tell him eventually."

"Right," I said. "Maybe."

"Maybe?" Sami asked.

"I don't know how he's gonna react," I said. "You know how he gets when it comes to me and boys. Plus I don't want to ruin anything between you guys if this doesn't work out."

"You don't think this will work?" Sami asked.

He looked a bit hurt by my comment.

"That's not what I meant," I said. "We haven't even gone out yet."

"What do you think I'm trying to do?" Sami asked.

"Then let's go," I said.

We left my house and drove to the movie theater.

Later...

When the movie was over we went back to the car.

"So, what'd you think of the movie?" I asked.

"I couldn't tell you since you kept me distracted the whole time," Sami said.

"You're the one that started it," I said. "I was just trying to watch, but you just had to kiss me."

"And that didn't call for a whole make out session," Sami said.

"So you didn't like it?" I asked.

"I never said that," Sami said. "In fact, I wouldn't mind doing it again."

"Maybe later," I said. "Right now I'm kinda hungry."

"Tacos?" Sami asked.

"You know me so well," I said.

We drove to a nearby Taco Bell. We got our food and sat at one of the tables.

"I think this has been a very successful first date," I said.

"I'll second that," Sami said. "I just can't believe it took us so long to get to this point."

"Right," I said. "I was just afraid to tell you I liked you."

"Why?" Sami asked.

"Because what if that's how I found out you secretly hated me," I said.

"You're joking right?" Sami asked.

"No," I said.

"You really thought I might have hated you?" Sami asked.

"Well I didn't know," I said. "For all I knew you just thought I was Jon's annoying little sister."

"You are Jon's annoying little sister, but I couldn't imagine not having you in my life," Sami said.

"That's sweet," I said. "So, why didn't you ever say anything?"

"At first I was intimidated, but once I got over that, Jon was always around," Sami said.

"I'm not intimidating," I said.

"You walk around with a baseball bat all the time," Sami said.

"So do you," I said.

"Yours has barbed wire and I've seen you swing that thing," Sami said. "You're always way too happy to try and break someone's kneecap."

"Well yeah when I'm in the ring," I said. "I'm not like that all the time."

"I know but still," Sami said. "Anyway, it doesn't matter cause we're here now."

When we finished eating, Sami took me back home. I climbed back through my window and crawled into bed.