Pickup Line (Chuck Taylor)

Chuck Taylor X Reader

Flufftober Day 7: Laughter

~

There was still another two hours until Dynamite started. I was on the stage talking with Tony Schiavone and watching some of the wrestlers practice in the ring.

I glanced over and saw that Brandon had the BTE camera out and it was pointed at me. As far as I knew, I wasn't supposed to be on BTE this week. I was going to say something to Brandon about it but Chuck cut me off.

"Hey, (Y/N), I've got a question," Chuck said. "Do you like raisins?"

"Uh, not really," I said with a confused tone to my voice.

"Well then how do you feel about a date?" Chuck asked.

"That's such a lame pickup line," I said jokingly.

"Don't worry, that's just plan A," Chuck said.

"So, what's plan B?" I asked.

"To take you hostage," Chuck said.

Before I could react, Trent and Orange ran up behind me and picked me up. They carried me backstage and all the way to their locker room. The two of them had almost dropped me several times because they were laughing so hard.

Once we were in the locker room they put me down. Orange was standing in front of the door.

"What just happened?" I asked.

"You've been kidnapped," Trent said. "We thought that would've been obvious."

"You can't just keep me here," I said.

"Why?" Orange asked.

"I have a match tonight," I said.

"Oh," Orange said.

"I guess we didn't think about that," Trent said.

"And I still have to get ready," I said as I went to the door. "So, I'm just gonna go."

I started opening the door and pushing Orange out of the way as I went.

Once I was able to slip out, I went to my locker room to get ready for the night.

After Your Match...

I was heading back to my locker room to get changed when I noticed Best Friends in catering, so I decided to join them.

"Hey, (Y/N), great match tonight," Chuck said.

"Thanks," I said. "I just wanted to let you know I'm free tomorrow night."

"What?" Chuck asked.

"I didn't get to answer your question before these two ran off with me," I said. "So, pick me up around seven?"

All Chuck did was stare at me.

"He'll be there," Trent said.

"Is he okay?" I asked.

Orange gave me a thumbs up.

"Alright then," I said. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I started to walk away, but I could still hear them talking.

"Dude, snap out of it," Trent said.

"Did that actually work?" Chuck asked.

"Were you not listening?" Trent asked. "Yes it worked."

"Holy shit," Chuck said. "I have a date with (Y/N) tomorrow."

That was the last thing I heard before I was out of ear shot.