💋Men will be men💋 Edited

Kano
Nigeria
___________

Folding my arms neatly above the mountain on my chest, I exhale a breath I was holding watching my reflection through the mirror I sign for the second time before turning on the tap so I could pour some cold water on my face.

Waking down the stairs the house was empty since I returned from the hospital today after the successful appointment with my doctor I felt happy it was kindoff motivation I found something at least I'll love doing.

All my thought was pushed to the back of my mind not even Abdullah though who always managed to get into my head, I didn't I was advices by the doctor pushing it to the back of my mind.

I don't even care if we stay forever this way or not, humming a song I downloaded from my Apple Music I set to work, cooking was something I always love doing and I'll explore every bit of it.

I huge smile was plastered on my lips as I transferred the food into warmers before setting them on the dinner than going back to the cooking house just so I could do the dishes.

With hands on the chest I wanted screaming but stopped myself halfway my mouth was hanging in the air, Abdullah was standing by the fridge holding a bottle of water which he uncapped and was gulping it down his throw like he was some thirsty camel.

"Good day"

I found my voice greeting he just acknowledged with a nod before walking in fast strides out of the kitchen like I have turned into some drench illness.

"Can I have a word with you"

He stopped dead in his track making me want to face palm my face,

"That's if you don't mind"

He was now giving me this look as though he was reading me as he turned to face me,

"Go ahead"

His deep manly voice send chilies down my spine bitting on my lower lips.

"I don't think here is okay"

Looking around the kitchen my gaze fell back on him he was still staring hard at me as though counting all the pores I have.

"Woman I don't have all day"

I was quick to look back at his face, his words took me off guard did Abdullah just call me woman me oh rabul kaaba.

Men will always be who they are! Men

I though to my self still looking his way our gaze was burning really hard, "we meet after isha"

With that he stroll out of the kitchen like he was never there to begin with like he wasn't just the one who addressed me as something I actually was but I wasn't expecting that from him not this soon.

Not able to shake his word ringing around my head off, my day passed in a bore with me anticipating for the said time to arrival.

Getting up with plate of food for myself which will serve as dinner for me, I eat this days in the confines of my room where I don't even have some appetite to begin with which makes me go to my room, picking on the food after successfully pushing seven spoons down my throat I pushed the plate aside setting on myself straight as I walked into the loo to brush my teeth and have a bath.

The soft knock on the door made my heartbeat skipped so he was coming I tot after wasting good 43 minutes with me counting every second.

I blinked my eyes countless time saying yes before I ran into the closet to get something more decent to cover up my body I knew Abdullah is my rightfully and lawfully wedded husband but am just not going to give him the satisfaction of making him think I was seducing him I knew how the men mentality works.

He did think I planed all that just to get him in bed with him even with me craving to be in his arms I could never stand that..

Pinning the last bottom of the ash jallabiya together I wrapped the multi colored vintage veil in an old woman style over my head before making wat back into the room.

Abdullah was standing by the bed side drawer where my bag was and also some documents I got from the hospital I just hope he didn't see anything I prayed internally because his back was facing the wall I couldn't get his clear view.

"G"

"What is this"

He was now facing me his face drenched from any emotion clutching his teeth hard.

" I .... it's not what you think"

"Shut the fucking up"

He yelled at me as I stoped in my track from moving close to him, "This it said it all"

He squeezing the paper as he threw it on the flour moving closer to me as I took steps back wards as he moved forward I moved backwards until my back was resting on the ash wall of my room we where few inches away from each other as he closed the space between us.

His breath fanning my face as I looked down with unshaded tears stacked between my eyes, he raised my chin with his fingered as I closed my eyes letting the tears fall freely.

This was something I never tot will happen Abdullah shouldn't be mad at me and not letting me explain myself I tot this was what he doesn't want then why was he pulling all this stunt I tot.

"I hate you"
He half yelled his voice enough to make my eyes finch open without me even helping it he never confessed his love for me but this him saying he hate me was something.

Wiggle myself out of his hold which I successfully did I moved to the bed side in a flash falling with a thud as I let my tears fall freely.

"So your pregnant and hide it away from me"
🤣

Who saw this coming

Vote
Comment
Share
Edited

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu Zaynab
16-7-2021