25. Shock Alert

Mehak's POV 

"Please marry Arthit,beta." 

Hearing Mom's request ,I was stunned. My anger reached its peak.

"What are you saying mom? " I asked her in anger.

"Yes Aunty...I respect you and can't say no to you for anything but this…." Arthit told my mom.

Mom said to me,"Please beta,I can't see you getting insulted in front of everyone. Moreover Arthit is a good boy.

And Arthit,I know that I am asking a very thing from you...but you know I can't ever want something which is bad for you and Mehak as well.

  I know there is some misunderstanding between you two ...but for that life can't stop for it. Commutation is the key to every problem . Please talk with each other and move on together without holding any grudges against each other. " 

How can I make you understand, Mom, that it's not a misunderstanding!!! It was the truth ...the truth of his betrayal. 

After saying this Mom started to cry. Seeing her like this, I shut my eyes in pain.

"Aunty,please calm down. " Arthit said to Mom as he engulfed Mom in a hug. 

He comforted Mom till she stopped crying.

I was fighting an internal battle about what I should and what I shouldn't. 

"Please beta,don't reject my request. I just want to see my daughter's marriage before I die. " Mom said to him crying.

"Aunty ,don't say this. 

We will not let you live. 

After all You will live long as you have to see your son's marriage as well,you have to play with your grandchildren as well. You have a lot of work to complete. " Arthit said to Mom,making Manik whine .Mom chuckled along with others who were present there. In fact I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

This man always holds the power to ease a tense situation like this. I hate him for making me smile.

"But there was a time when you admired him for this nature." My heart poked me. I rolled my eyes. 

"Don't forget that he made your mom smile who is ill and is told to keep happy." My heart reminded me. 

I know and I am grateful to him for this but I hate the fact that it is him who is making my mom smile.

I looked at him, narrowing my eyes. He looked at me and turned his head away, making my jaw drop on the floor.

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts of murdering him. 

"Aunty, can I talk with Mehak alone ?" Arthit asked Mom.

Now what does he want to say?

"I don't want to talk to him. " I said to Mom.

"Mehak,stop this childishness. Go and talk with him...after all it is You guys who  have to stay together the rest of the life. Now Go." Mom chided.

"But I didn't say yes to this alliance. " I protested but Mom didn't listen to me.

Arthit grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the room.

"How dare you touch me!!! Leave my hand,you idiot. " I yelled at him throughout the way but he just ignored my words.

He took me to the room beside it and  shut the door behind him.

"Why the hell are you shutting the door?" I yelled at him.