23. Change

After 8 months 

Mehak's POV 

"Hema,make sure the director knows that I am on leave for next one month from today. After the leave we can start the shooting." I said to Hema,my assistant cum manager on the call .

"Sure...would you like to do the commercial ads and guest appearances in shows or something like that?" She asked me.

I rubbed my forehead.  

"How many are there?" I asked her.

"4 Commercial ads ,2 guest appearances in shows and yes ,2 inaugurations." She said to me, 

Well,not bad...not bad at all.

"Okay I will do that. Just inform me of the dates and further details." I said to her,

"Sure...Mehak,I think you should sleep now. It's already 2 am .You have to wake up early tomorrow. You need your beauty sleep as it's your special day." She said with a giggle. 

I smiled lightly and said,"You should sleep also. Who knows maybe you can also get your life partner tomorrow!!!" 

"Hahaha...very funny. Okay,Bye . See you tomorrow. " Hema said.

I said bye to her and cut the call.

I stood up from the chair and walked towards my balcony. The moon was shining brightly, illuminating the surroundings. The shining moon,the shimmering stars made the night look more beautiful. 

I smiled lightly .

Within these 8 months my life took a drastic turn which I didn't think in my nightmare as well.My eyes fell on the particular card which was on the table.

Mehak 
Weds 
Ankur 

Yes,I am getting married tomorrow with none other than Ankur. 
I still remember the excited and happy face of Ankur when I agreed to marry him. 

"You don't know what this single Yes means to me...You gave me the most precious thing of my life ,Mehak.
These were the exact words he said to me at that moment. Unknowingly a smile came on my lips.

 At Least someone is happy because of me. When I told my decision to Mom ,she was furious. According to her,Ankur was trapping me in his sweet talks and false love confession.

 I seriously don't know what problem she has with him. But luckily after trying for a month or so, she agreed to my decision and accepted my proposal as I didn't want to upset my Mom by marrying someone against her will. I really hope she starts trusting the right people, not the wrong one which she always does.

I sighed and decided to catch some sleep. As soon as I laid down on my bed ,My phone pinged . I looked at the phone to check the message. As usual I didn't reply to it. 

Anger bubbled within me and I threw the phone away.

"No Mehak...not again. Calm down and focus on the future...focus on the person who is ready to give you love and happiness without you asking from him. Don't waste your energy on an unnecessary person who only knows to play with trust & emotions." My mind said to me.

 I closed my eyes and sleep consumed me.

Next Day

Mehak's pov 

I woke up early as today is the big day of my life.

My house is full of guests. It is a very intimate affair. Only family members are there.