"I love you."

It goes off, I pick it back up, clear the missed notifications and then I get a text from the same unknown number

UNKNOWN NUMBER: why did you hang up.. and why won't you pick up.

Me: I don't care for your stupid dares.

UN: what dare?

Me: your friends dared you to call me, or it was a joke, it's always something, nobody wants to talk to me.

UN: I'm sorry, but I really wanted to talk to you,

Me: whatever,

UN: why did you hang up?

Me: because you were going to tell me how dumb I am or something, I know how that works.

UN: can I call now?

Me: you can but I don't want to talk to you, I heard your laugh, I know what your doing, just leave me alone.

My phone started to ring, the same unknown number I answer "hel-" I barely get to slip out "oh my god thank you so much for answering!" I heard, they sounded like he had been.. crying? "um, okay, can you just get on with it?" I say, "With what? I'm not going to tell you your stupid or dumb or anything, and this is not a joke." they said, do they really think I'm that stupid? "Then what were you going to tell me?" I asked with no emotion in my voice "I was trying to say that.." it was quiet for a little bit, and soon I guessed that he left, " hello?" I say clearly, "I'm here, I'm sorry, I just don't know how to put this into words.." he trailed off, "well then call me wh-" I started but got interrupted, "I love you!" he blurted out. I knew i- wait what, did he just say he loves me? no way, nobody loves me, lost in my thoughts I hear a beep. He hung up.