Hard Not To Love You

Not even 20 minutes later David texted me.
D: My mom said to text you.
Me: Hey c:
D: Is there something you need..?
Me: No ? But if youre busy, Ill leave you alone.
D: Im not busy, but where's Jason ?
Me: He said his mother needed him for something.
D: He left you? Alone?
Me: Yeah, your mom was here but her shift had finished.
D: Ill be there, give me like 10 minutes.
Me: No, David you dont have to come. Im fine c:
He didnt respond, but surely 10 minutes passed and he was at the end of my bed. He mumbled something that I couldnt make out, I think he was talking to himself but I asked anyway. "What ?" I said and laughed a little. "Nothing, I was just thinking out loud. How have you been since, yesterday? I really m-" He stopped himself and looked away, then back at me. "What?" I asked. "I said how have you been, silly." he said and flashed that billion dollar smile. "Ive been fine, your mom is really nice, she said I can stay as long as id like, but i think i want to go tomorrow." I said. "Yeah, I wonder how the people at school have been," He said and then fear flashed in his eyes, so i decided to make it worse. "Didnt you go to school? You werent the one in the coma," I said and laughed. "No, actually yesterday was the first time I went anywhere since you got here." He paused and I felt sick. "I only stayed because I didnt want you to be alone when you woke up." he quickly added, although that didnt make the feeling go away, it made me feel even worse. "Oh, well you shouldnt have, honestly. I probably shouldve stayed asleep, it wouldve been best that way." Stop being all downer, nobody wants a depressed friend. Shut up, youre the reason why Im depressed. "I dont think that, I wouldve had to watch my new friend die. Thatd be no fun" he said with an adorable pouty face. "Oh whatever you," I poked his nose. "You'd get better friends. You deserve them." He looked hurt, but it was true, and we both knew it. "That's not true, you're a special friend. I can be myself around you, I have to pretend around a lot of people." He was staring at the ceiling as if he were talking to it. Whats really getting to me though is that he keeps saying friend, thats all I am to him, a friend, just a friend. "Oh my god, you make this so hard." I said to him, I feel like a horrible person. "What are you talking about?" he laughed a little. "Um, nothing." I threw a fake smile, he just nodded and laughed at me. "What's so funny?" another rather demanding voice had interrupted. "Oh, hey" I said with a small smile and David did the same.