44. Affection

"So it's like a date?" She asked impatiently in the phone, her hand playing with her hair. God, why am I acting like this? She asked herself.

"If you would consider it a date, yes." Alex said. "Are you sure you're feeling okay? Do you want me to pick you up now?"

"No, trust me. I'm perfectly alright." She said honestly. "And yes, I might consider it a date." She teased him.

"I love you darling." He said and she smiled to herself.

"I love you too, I'll see you at 3 then." She said.

"Mhm...Yeah. Call me when you finish darling." He said and she replied with a simple 'bye'.

She heard a knock on her office door and she quickly walked towards the door and opened it to see an unfamiliar face. A woman, she was probably older than her. She was absolutely gorgeous.

"Hii! Arabella, right?" The woman asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, that's right."

"Jenny wanted me to inform you that we will work together. Do you know that she let me interview the boys from Arctic Monkeys?" She said and Arabella felt a sting of jealousy.

"Oh okay." She nodded.

"Oh my god, I forgot to introduce myself!" The woman giggled. "I'm Arielle." She smiled.

"Nice to meet you." Bella smiled.

"You're from England, right?" Arielle asked.

"I guess that my Sheffield accent 'outed' me." She giggled. "Umm, about the interview, when will you take it?"

"I think next week, before they go back on tour." Arielle answered. "Are you a fan?" She asked.

"Almost since day one." She joked. "I sorta grew up with them."

"Awh! That's nice." Arielle smiled and she hinted the jealousy Bella tried to hide. "You know what girlie? We're gonna take the interview together."

"Oh Arielle, you don't have to do th-"

"Shh, I want to. You owe me a coffee tomorrow though." Arielle joked, grinning at Arabella. "I can't wait to work with you."

"You're literally so sweet! Thank you, again." Bella said smiling.

Arielle's phone started calling and she quickly picked it up and told her to wait a minute. "Hello? No, I told you not to call me anymore! We are over!" She said angry and closed her phone before she turned back to Arabella. "Sorry, crazy-ex."

"Ohh, I definitely know the story." Bella giggled.

Nathaniel walked towards us and we both raised out eyebrows. "Arielle, Lily is looking after you." He informed.

"That's my cue, I guess." She giggled and hugged Bella. "See you tomorrow." She said before she left.

"She seems nice." Nathaniel said.

"Yeah, she is." Bella nodded as she leaned on the doorframe. "Today is so boring, I finished everything within a hour."

"Then go home, I'll cover you." He said quietly. They were very good friends so she knew he was serious.

"Thank you so much! You're an angel!" She said excited before she hugged him. "Also, Arielle is single, maybe you two can-"

"No! I told you to stop shipping me with random persons." He grimaced. "And after all, she's famous."

"Famous? How?" She asked confused.

"She's Arielle Vandenberg, Arabella!" She frowned.

"Oh really? That makes sense, her face was familiar." She shrugged. "Now if you don't mind, I'm going to get ready for my date." She said sarcastically.