10. Love's a risk

"Happy birthday to you!" Mom and Dad finished singing and Dora clapped.

"Come on Bella, smile." Dora groaned and placed some fluffy tiara on my head. "I can't wait for tonight!"

"I can't believe you two are eighteen." Mom grinned and I smiled and shrugged. "Also, make sure to call us if something happens."

"Yes mom, you know we will." Dora said. "Just get her in the party mood. It's her birthday as well."

"I would read a book or do literally anything else instead of this." I groaned. "But I won't complain tonight. I'll behave." I joked and licked the cake frosting from my finger.

"As you should." She chuckled.

"How's gran?" I asked and mom shrugged.

"You know her craziness, she might be on the coast with her convertible." She chuckled and I started smiling.

"I miss her, even though we spent the whole summer together. I also miss grandma Jules." I said and Dora groaned.

"Come on, eat and then get ready." Dad said and I nodded. "We will leave soon."

"Fine." I mumbled. "Oh hi Violet." I chuckled and kissed her head.

"Charlie is single again." Dorothy whispered in my ear and I groaned when I heard his name.

"So? Don't forget about Alex. I don't want you to break his heart." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"There's nothing between me and Charlie, you know I love Alex." Dorothy said and I nodded, taking a sip from my orange juice. "And I'll show him how much tonight." She said and I chocked.

"Wha..What?" I mumbled and wiped the juice around my mouth with my sleeve.

"Sex, Arabella. That's the word." She said and I widened my eyes. "I hope you know what's that."

"Shut up! I'm not five." I groaned and walked over to my room. "Have fun, I guess."

As soon as I reached my room, I entered it quickly and closed the door behind me. I sat down on the bed and sighed. I have to be happy for them.

Dorothy is my sister and I want her to be happy. Alex is my best friend and I also want him to be happy. I might be in love with him, but he doesn't need to know that. I can't break Dora's heart.

My phone started calling and I grabbed it and smiled. Alex was calling me, surprisingly, at 9am. He always gets up around 11 so this was weird.

"Did someone kidnaped you?" I asked, trying to keep my laughter.

"Wh..What? No?" Alex asked confused.

"Oh.."

"Happy birthday belly." He chuckled and I started grinning and layed down on the bed.

"Thank you," I said. "How are you?"

"Erm...I'm good. I'm out, yeah. How are you?"

"Alex it's nine, what are you doing out?" I asked laughing

"Erm... I have to... Meet Jamie, yeah." Alex stuttered and I chuckled.

"Okay," I said smiling. "I'll see you tonight right?"

"Of course. Happy birthday again belly."

"Thank you. Bye bye tuna boy." I said laughing and quickly closed my phone before he could reply.

Hours flew by as I got ready. After I finished doing my hair, which I just straightened I wanted to get dressed. I checked my closet multiple times, but my dress wasn't there.