40. Keep on loving you

As the annoying alarm rang right next to my ear I groaned loudly and smacked my nightstand multiple times before I actually found my phone and turned off the alarm.

I felt a weight on my back and I turned around quickly to see Alex's head resting on my back. I groaned again and buried my head in the pillow, wishing I could sleep more.

I stood up carefully, and looked at Alex who was in his slumber. I remembered what happened last night and sighed as I walked towards the bathroom.

He didn't wanted to do that, right?

The alarm started again and I quickly grabbed my phone and put it on silent mode. I got in the bathroom and started to get ready as I saw that it was already very late.

I brushed my teeth, face and then I started to apply some makeup. I don't actually feel like I need to use makeup but I had to look presentable at work.

I heard a knock on the door and I placed down the beauty blender in my hand and opened the door. I looked up at Alex who was staring at me and I folded my arms.

"Good morning..." He mumbled in a deep and raspy voice.

I didn't said anything and just turned around and continued to do my makeup. He shrugged and leaned on the wall as he was looking in the mirror to see me.

"I have aspirins over there." I said and pointed to a small cabinet.

I opened the mascara and started to apply some on my lashes, opening my mouth a bit.

"I'm sorry." He said and I placed the mascara on the sink and looked at him, through the mirror.

"Did you wanted to do it?" I asked quietly and I watched him as he played with the hem of his shirt but he quickly stopped.

"Of course not. What the fuck?" He quickly replied. "Do you really think I would cheat on you?"

"That happened before.." I said and he sighed. "Are you sure that's all that happened? You two didn't-"

"Yes, I'm sure." He said and I placed my hands on the sink.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Can...Can you explain what 'okay' means? I'm anxious." He said and I noticed that he started to play with his shirt again.

"I believe you...But promise me that you won't ever do that again. I really trust you Al. I don't want to get heartbroken again." I said.

"I promise. I swear that I'll never do something like that again." He said and I nodded and a small smile appeared on my face. "Can I hug you?" He asked.

"Of course." I said smiling.

He smiled and walked behind me. He wrapped his hands around my stomach and placed his chin on my head. He placed a small kiss on my head and then he looked back at me, through the mirror.

"Why are you applying makeup?" He asked. "You don't need any."

As I wanted to reply I remember something. "Fuck! I'm late!" I exclaimed and quickly left his embrace but he grabbed my wrist and turned me around.

"Oi calm down. Where are you going?" He asked.

"Work! I'm late!" I said.

"It's seven. Bloody seven in the morning. You have to be there at nine." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Alex! Let me get ready." I said and he shook his head.

"You kinda have that black thing only on yer right eye." He said and I frowned and looked in the mirror and I started laughing.