61. Just the two of us

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains mentions of sexual abuse.

The next day, Alex woke up alone. He guessed that she was in the kitchen or in the living room and he just got up and left the bedroom.

No sight of Arabella.

He called her name but he got no answer. As he walked by the front door he saw that his car key was gone and brushed his eyes and quickly walked back to the bedroom, grabbing his phone.

The first thing that popped out were his recent calls. He saw that he talked with Josh earlier and furrowed his eyebrows. I didn't talked to him, Alex thought.

He called her first and she declined, then, he called Josh and he answered after a few rings.

"Where is she?" Alex asked.

"Umm..I'm not allowed to say anything." Josh replied. "She's safe, don't worry."

"Joshua tell me where she is right now." Alex demanded.

"She told me not to tell you." He said and Alex sighed.

"Where are you?" Alex asked.

"At the studio, with Ben." Josh replied.

"Alright, bye." Alex huffed and closed the call.

He called Ben, putting the phone on speaker as he started to get dressed. "Hey Al." He said.

"Hey man, have you seen Bella today at the studio? You know, black hair and a bit shorter than me and-"

"Arabella? Yeah, she's here." Ben answered. "I thought you knew."

"Thank you so much. Is she okay?" Alex asked, putting socks on and quickly rushing to the door but then he remembered that she took his car.

"Yeah, don't worry." Ben said.

"Alright then, thank you. See you later." Alex sighed, leaving the house.

As he got out of the cab he quickly entered the building, chewing on some gum as he forgot to brush his teeth, looking for Josh and Ben. Once he found Ben he walked towards him.

"Where is she?" Alex asked.

"Umm...With Joshua." Ben replied.

"Doing what?" Alex asked.

"Well-"

He got interrupted by a door that was loudly closed and muffled sobs and they both turned around to look at the hall. They saw Tiffany crying and Alex furrowed his eyebrows.

"What happened?" Alex asked Ben.

He then saw her.

Josh had wrapped an arm around her shoulders and he was absolutely confused. When she looked up, her eyes automatically met his.

"Alex?" She called. "What are you doing here?"

"What's going on?" He asked, looking at her and then at Tiffany.

"Your pretty girlfriend got me fired." Tiffany scoffed, folding her arms.

"Don't act innocent." Arabella said.

"Wait what?" Alex asked. "Josh what happened?"

"Leave Joshua out of this, ask your girlfriend." Tiffany said and Bella just huffed a laugh and folded her arms as well.

"I don't need to explain anything." She smiled.

"Well, you clearly do since you got me fired for no reason." Tiffany said.