🌻31🌻

The front door opened.

"Liam! Oh my God! Where have you been?" Karen cried as she pulled her son into her arms. "We've been worried sick." She took him indoors followed by  a police officer.

"Where was he?" She asked the man.

"We found him in the town centre begging for food."

Geoff came down the stairs after hearing voices. "Liam!" He sat beside him and hugged him he could feel the boy shaking in his arms.

"Begging for food? Why didn't you come home?" Karen asked.

"I...I was scared." Liam whispered.

"Did you do something to Harry love?"

He nodded and burst into tears. "I saw the ambulance. I didn't know he'd get so sick. Is he alright?"

His parents looked at each other.

"He stopped breathing. But he's ok now."

Liam cried harder.

"He'll need to come to the police station tomorrow. Its up to Harry's family if they press charges against him. He will get a warning, at least. This could've had such a different outcome." The policeman said.

"I'm so sorry." Liam said, looking the man in the eye. "Really sorry."

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Harry still felt like shit. He was sleeping on and off, no change from usual really, except when he was awake his head would ache and he felt sick.

Louis was cuddled up with him on the bed when Anne walked in.

"You'll get in trouble again." She laughed.

"I don't care. I just need to cuddle him all the time. He's so soft and fluffy."

Harry groaned. "Shhh. I'm trying to sleep."

Louis rolled his eyes. "Sorry grumpy."

Anne sat down. "I had a message from Robin. Liam is back home. He's ok. We need to talk about whether he wants to press charges."

Harry's eyes opened. "What does that mean?"

"If you want him charged. If you want him to have a criminal record. Go to a juvenile centre."

"Like a prison?"

"Yes, for kids."

Harry bit his nails. "No. No not that. I don't want him to go to prison. Not Liam. He's my friend."

Louis squeezed Harry's shoulders as he started crying.

"No. No."

"Ok love. If you're sure. I'll call Karen later. Try to calm down."

He fell asleep again.

"Is thatbthe right decision?" Louis asked, quietly.

"If that's what he wants. I guess it's right."

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

The next day Harry was discharged. He was glad to be home.

It was half term at school and his friends had all come around to visit. They sat in the living room watching some rubbish on Netflix.

Louis, of course, was cuddled up with Harry on one of the sofas. Zayn and Niall sat on the other. Gemma and Sophie were upstairs in her room.

"How are you feeling now Harry?" Niall asked.

"Ok thanks. I don't feel sick now."

"That's good."

"Will you be back at school next week?" Zayn asked.

"I don't know. I suppose so." Harry replied, not very enthusiastically.

"I hope you do, cos I don't wanna have to sit next to that kid again."

Harry gave him that 'treat people with kindness look' again and Niall said no more about him.

"When you feel better, we could all have a sleepover, if you want?"  Zayn said.

Harry nodded. "Where's Liam?"

The boys all looked at each other. "Um...he's not allowed round anymore." Louis said as he took Harry's hand.

"Why not?"

"Harry...he nearly killed you. He's always mean to you. We don't want to be friends with him."

Harry looked sad. Yes he knew what Liam did to him, and most people would never want to see someone who did that again.

But Harry is different. He likes to give people a chance. He doesn't like being nasty to people, it's not in his nature. He only sees the good in people.

"Oh." Was all he said.

"We've still got each other though. We'd never be nasty to you." Zayn said, noticing how sad Harry was now looking.

Harry was thankful for that.

His friends played x box for a while, bored with Netflix.

Harry wasn't any good at FIFA and Louis didn't want him to feel left out, so while the other two boys played, Louis read Harry some of one of his Harry Potter books.

Harry loved it when Louis read to him. He loves the sound of his voice. It's comforting and calming. Harry wishes he could record his voice and listen to it through his earphones all day, especially when he felt sad or anxious.

"You ok love?" Louis whispered as Harry laid down, resting his head on his lap.

"Yeah. Just tired."

"Hey guys. Harry wants to sleep. Can we meet tomorrow?"

"Sure. We'll go to the park for a bit. You coming Lou?" Niall asked, switching the x box off.

"Nah. I'll stay here for a while. See you bout the same time?"

"Take care Harry." Zayn said, patting his shoulder. Harry smiled at his friends as they left his house.

"You wanna go to bed?" Louis asked.

"I'm too tired. Here is ok. Will you stay wiv me?" He mumbled, making him self comfortable.

"Course I will. You rest."

Harry was soon asleep.

Louis was tired too. He still wasn't sleeping well. It's better than it was, not so many nightmares. He couldn't help but close his eyes and he too was soon asleep.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Urgh this was rubbish. Sorry. I'm tired.

Thoughts on the chapter?

Do you think Harry was right in not getting Liam in trouble?

Hope you're all OK.

All the love. L. Xx

💕💕💕