🌻9🌻

Screams. Panic.

Harry was laying, motionless in the road. The boys all rushed to his side.

"No! Don't move him!"  Liam shouted, as Louis tried to pick him up.

"Call an ambulance! Quick!" Niall shouted to nobody in particular.

Zayn got his phone out and dialled 999, his hands shaking so much.

"Yeah our friend. He's been hit by a car. Please hurry."

The driver had got out of the car and was sat beside the broken boy.

"He...he just ran out." She cried.

Louis was crying, stroking Harry's cut head. "Please be alright." He whispered, his tears dripping down into Harry's bloody hair.

Niall had called Anne, she was hysterical when she arrived at the scene.

"Oh my God. No. What happened?" She cried as she knelt beside him.

"He ran out. I...didn't see him til....I'm so sorry." The driver said.

Sirens. Blue flashing lights. Paramedics. More panic.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Hours went by. Hours of worry and waiting. Waiting for news.

Harry had to have surgery. His pelvis was fractured, as well as his right leg and arm. He also had severe concussion.

Surgery was successful, but he would need to spend a while in hospital.

He was in a private room, hooked up to wires and monitors.

Anne and Robin sat either side in silence, listening to the steady beep of the monitors.

Gemma was with Jay.

"He looks so small and fragile." Anne said, fresh tears starting to fall again.

Robin nodded. "He'll pull through. He's a little fighter."

"What if...what if he..."

"Don't say it love. He'll be ok."

"I pray you're right. I can't live without him." Anne burst into tears and Robin was quick to stand and rush to her side. He pulled her up off of the chair and comforted her, until she stopped crying.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

"Louis darling. He'll be ok. I just know it. Please don't cry." Jay said. Louis was hugging her tightly. He hadn't stopped crying since Jay came and took him home from where Harry had been hurt.

Gemma returned from the bathroom, where she'd just spent the last half an hour crying. She didn't want Jay to have to deal with two sobbing teens.

She sat beside Jay.

"How you doing Gem?" She asked.

"I'm scared. I don't want him to die."

Jay felt Louis tense the other side of her at that word, a sob leaving his mouth.

"He won't die love."

"He might."

"Try not to think like that. Think positive thoughts. Both of you. Please."

"Can you call Dad and see how he is?"

"It's best if we wait to hear from them."

Gemma nodded and sighed, cuddling up to Jay.

"I tried." Louis suddenly spoke.

"What did you say Lou?"

"I tried. I tried to s-stop him. But h-he just ran."