Hold your fire

Nakita's p.o.v

This.. is.. Halloween.

Me and planned this week out we would hang out as much as possible. It's been three months being in this relationship. Jay tells me it feels like forever, but to me it's nothing to compared to nine months as my longest relationship. It was only Monday, Halloween was this Friday. I became a little scared, scared that if me and Jay ever get alone he might try and make a move. A move that may lead to many pleasurable actions.

Maybe I could back out, or make up an excuse.

I was putting my hair up into a ponytail. I was only going with Jay to hang out at the mall and maybe catch some hoops at the park. Today he told me to wear something sportsy. So I picked out my yellow crop top with the number #23 with some ripped high waist skinny ripped jeans.

I just finished my makeup and I turned on my phone. I had no notifications, no morning text, no text asking if I was ready, nothing. I was a little disappointed and irritated. I hope I'm not being stood up because I will haul ass if I see him at school.

As I was walking towards my closet to hunt for my air force ones, I thought about how that Jason guy told me that bull crap about how my boyfriend was a hoe. I know they're possibly all over school and everyone is going to the Halloween fair. I began to worry, I don't want anything to happen.

Walking out of my room going downstairs, I dialed Jay's number and it rung 3 times. When I reached the bottom floor I headed towards the living room and there he was standing right in front of me holding the phone to his ear.

"I'm already here baby", he said into the phone.

"Oh!", I said blushing.

~

I became tired of walking around the mall.

"Jay I'm hungry. Can we get something to eat now?"

"Hold on baby, just let me get these new shoes real quick. I gotta have em."

"Ughh."

"Please, it'll only take a few minutes. Then I promise you we'll get you a buffet".

"Or I just go get something to eat while you sit here and purchase those ugly pair of jays, because I can't wait on you any longer. You've been saying this for the past 3 hours. I haven't eaten since 9 o'clock this morning its like past the regular schedule for lunchtime".

"Well damn look who's cranky".

"Yeah, I believe everyone's cranky with the lack of sleep and food".

Jay paused giving me a look with wide eyes, like he wanted to pop off.

"I'm trying my hardest to not argue with you, go on and take yo ass and get something to eat then. I just might take yo ass home after this".

"Whatever, I will".

"I don't care".

"Forget you, I'm fuckin hungry".

"Girl what you gonna eat? Some cab-bitch?"

"Oh, you wanna be funny? Why don't you go and purchase you some toma-hoes at WalMart fucker?"

Jay stood there with an angry look on his face.

"Or some tator-THOTS?!"

I walked out the store heading towards the food court shaking my head from the asshole.

~

I sat down slurping my noodles from my Chinease plate of food and sipped my Sprite. I checked my phone it was about 1:30pm.

10 minutes ago I left Jay inside the store by himself purchasing some stupid shoes.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't come back to meet up with me and leave me stranded at the mall. I wouldn't be surprised if we get into another argument as he's taking me back home. I wouldn't be surprised if he sits with me and doesn't say anything. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets mad and throws a temper tantrum and gets arrested today.

I am totally up for anything.

I sat there and stared at my plate looking delicious then closed it. I feel a little bad, but I mean come on I was starving and he chose to buy some shoes instead. Like, what in the Haiti's has gotten into this nigga? Shoes over food? Nah, can't be me.

The chair in front of me pulled out. Speaking of the devil...

"Hey baby".

I just looked down in my lap and didn't say anything.

I felt his hand lift my chin and I looked into his beautiful blue eyes then he leaned over the table and kissed me.

"I'm sorry, I should always put you first".

I cracked a small smile.

"Therefore, for self- discipline I won't eat".

"Jay don't--"

"No...seriously", he chuckled, ''I don't have enough money anyways".

His smile went away and he looked down into his lap. I got up and went to the concession stand restaurant where I got my food from and came back with another fork. When I sat down I opened my to go plate and turned it around and slid it towards him.

He looked down at the plate. "Nah, you can keep your food". I put the new plastic fork into his hand.

"It's delicious".

He began to smile then looked sort of hesitant at the plate.

"You can have the rest, I'm full anyway".

"Thanks", he said and he began to eat those noodles like there was no tomorrow.