In motion

Nakita p.o.v

By lunchtime Jessica had so much to say.

"I've never in my entire life for as long as I've known him have seen him give any girl a rose!", she exclaimed.

"Ok! Jeez, it was sweet of him but don't make a big deal about it. You make it seem like he was never a romantic guy.", I said. I mean I was excited but that's all she's been talking about. -_-

"Excuse her, she's like a barbie talking machine. Should've warned you to read the fine print on her before you became friends with her.", said Steven as he took his seat.

"Hey!", said Jessica glaring at Steven.

"Its true.", said Steven, "So what's the news? He gave you a rose?", asked Steven.

"Yeah, three beautiful roses.", I said with a smile on my face. I couldn't help myself, ever since then I replayed the moment in my head over and over and over.

"Lucky you. You deserve them.", said Steven.

"Thank you.", I said. I saw Jay beginning to walk over towards us behind Steven. "Here he comes."

"Hey baby.", said Jay greeting me with a kiss on my cheek, I blushed. Jay took a seat next to me. "So I wanna make plans of when me and you can hang. You know, shop or go to the movies."

"Ohh! Well I'm not sure if it'll be this weekend because I already promised Jessica I would go out for ice cream this weekend.", I said.

"Ok, I could come too.", said Jay.

"I'm coming too.", blurted Steven.

Jay stared at Steven with an envious stare. I looked back at Jessica she looked scared too. Oh god, here goes trouble.

"We'll just make plans on another day baby girl.", said Jay kissing me on the cheek once more and leaving.

"Steven...that is so not how the plan was supposed to be.", said Jessica.

"Well would you rather have him show up see me and leave? Then blame her for seeing someone that ruined his life and break her heart. Then have her blame me for putting her in harms way. Don't think so, let them make plans on another day.", said Steven.

"He's right. Let's not rush into it. Its gonna take time. Given the impression that Jay is a stubborn guy with a fragile heart doesn't need to be pressured into anything because he is the type of person who you would have to have serious patience with", I said.

"Yeah, he is stubborn. You guys are right but it doesn't matter what you do this weekend it'll count", said Jessica.

"I'll start off hanging out with you guys as long as your willing to meet my mama", I said.

"No problem", they both said.

"Ok good", I said.

~~

It was the end of the day and I was walking down the hallway to meet Jay. There he was waiting on the corner for me and once he saw me he began to smile biting his lip making me immediately blush. He reached his hand out and I went and grabbed it as we walked out the school together taking me to the car line. I took a glance and saw my mama's car was in the parking lot. Jay looked behind him the direction in my view.

"That's ya moms?", he said.

"Yeah and I should be going", I nervously said. I haven't told my mama about me and Jay yet.

"C'mon I'll walk you over there and introduce myself", Jay insisted pulling me by the hand across the parking lot.

"Wait, how will you get home?", I said trudging along.

"Don't worry about all that baby, I got cousins that go here", he said.

Well then.

We were at my mama's expedition and my mama rolled down the window. "Hello", she said.

I hopped in the car knowing I'm probably in trouble by now. I wasn't exactly trusted to date someone but for now let's just say I'm hard headed and a hard head makes a soft bottom.

"Hey, I'm Christian Jay Paris and this is my baby girl", he said.

Why Jay? Why? That is so not the right to greet my mama but all she did was laugh.

"Wow, you have a boyfriend already huh Nakita?", said my mama looking directly at me with a fake smile.

"That isn't a problem is it?", asked Jay.

"No not at all... for now", said mama glaring at me. I'll just stay quiet for this whole conversation.

"Well I hope it wouldn't be in the future I'm really starting to love this girl. I gave her flowers today I almost forgot to tell her she looks beautiful today", Jay turned to me, "You look beautiful today baby girl", he said with a smile. I covered my face full of blush. I didn't want my mama judging me and giving me a lecture down the road and up the stairs and in the bed. Jesus christ what a struggle.

"But it was nice meeting you. Maybe one day we'll be allowed to hang out and get together, but until then..", Jay leaned in the car and gave me a kiss on my cheek, "I'll see you tomorrow baby girl", said Jay making his way out of the parking lot.

I glanced at my mama. She looked at me as if I were a lying hobo trying to catch a ride. I just looking down into my lap remaining silent.

"How in the world did you just happened to hook up with this guy?", she said.

"Long story", I said.

"You mean a two day miracle?", she said.

"No. Actually I'm doing my two new best friends a favor and it goes like this...."