Kills me to say I love u

Nakita's p.o.v

I finally picked Jay up and filled him in on where I was gonna take him, but I didn't say why.

"Are you ok with this?", I asked.

He just stared out the window and kept silent.

"Jay?"

Still no answer, he didn't look mad at all though so I guessed that he was ok and kept quiet as well.

~

We finally arrived at Steven's house and it was huge. He met us halfway and walked us inside. He had a beautiful house with maids and a butler. He walked us upstairs up into his bedroom and Jessica was there sitting on the bed. She greeted me with a warm hug and smile. She didn't say anything to Jay though.

Steven allowed us to take off our shoes and get comfortable. I sat on Jay's lap on the recliner while Jessica remained on the bed with Steven.

"So how's everyone?", I asked breaking the silence.

"I'm good.", said Steven.

"Never better.", said Jessica talking with her mouth full of a sandwich.

"Are you ok?", I asked Jay.

He just nodded and looked away.

"You sure?", asked Steven.

Jay looked at a skeptical look. "Why the hell am I here?"

"Jeez is it a crime? I just wanted to talk, talk to my step brother that's been shunning for the past couple of years, over a secretive grudge I don't even know—"

"Your not my step brother, your my biological brother", Jay interrupted.

Steven paused and looked a little shocked, "Wha—what do you mean?"

"I meant what I said and I said what I meant."

"No, give me details I want to know how and why."

"Why? Aren't you happy? We're brothers. Why don't you just go out and tell everyone the big news?!"

"I want to know why."

"Why? You don't need to know, we're brothers and that's it because I know that's all you wanted was answers. Right? So there it is, I didn't talk to you for all those years because of the devastating fact that we're brothers and all that time we believed that we were step brothers."

"I WANT TO KNOW WHY!"

"BECAUSE OUR MOTHER DIED!"

Steven's face began to turn grey and tears began to form in his eyes, he laughed scornfully, "You've got to be kidding me."

"Do it look like I would ever lie to you?"

"I don't know... I don't even know who you are anymore."

Jay turned his head and remained quiet.

"We used to be like brothers and we didn't even know we were and now... since we know we are... you act like you don't even know me. You shut me out, and became a completely different person. You quit talking to me, you stop visiting my house even for the holidays. You've even became so desperate, you purchased blue contacts because we have the same eye color. And you know it. All I wanted was some closure, how is that so hard? What are you so afraid of?!", said Steven.

"You know what? You want the truth? The cold hard truth?", said Jay raising an eyebrow keeping a straight face.

"I don't care how cold or sad it is, I need to know."