Between the lines

Jay Paris p.o.v

We were still at the mall around 3pm. Me and Nakita decided that I would take her home and sort of meet her mama again and maybe stick around.

We were heading to the car laughing and playing around. I unlocked the door and opened the door for her and hopped in myself. We placed our bags in the back seat. I caught her starting at me.

"What? ", I said.

"Thanks for spending this wonderful day with me", she said.

"No need to thank me, thank you", I said.

"Your so sweet, " she said.

I blushed and cranked up the car.

~

We arrived at her house. Her mom came out the front door with her arms crossed. Aww hell. Damn damn damn.

"Hello", she said with a straight face.

"Hi'', how are you? ", I said.

"Wondering why my daughter was for that long", she sassed.

"I apologize for that. I met her there and after her friends left we stayed a little longer", I said ...in the most sweetest mother fuckin tone.

"Yeah Ma, we just shopped and walked around", said Nakita.

"Mhmm, come on in", her mom said as we walked inside.

Her two-story house was nice, outdated a little but it looked very cozy.

"Since your here would you like to have dinner with us? ",asked her mom.

"Ma..", whined Nakita in a whisper , "I don't wanna be embarrassed or get in trouble for this, please."

Her mom paused and looked at her like she was stupid. "Your not in trouble, "she finally said.

"Oh, OK, " Nakita said.

"Anyway ..mind having dinner? Uhh... "

"Jay, Jay Paris", I said.

"Ah, your a Paris", she said. I nodded. She seems as if she's familiar with my last name, such bothers me. They just moved down here, I've been down here longer than they have.

"OK... You can stay up in her room until no longer than 5 o'clock. Don't do anything stupid in my house. Got me? ", she told us.

"Y-Yes ma'am ", I said.

"OK go on", she said turning her back on us.

Nakita immediately grabbed my hand and dragged me upstairs too her room. "Cmon there's a lot of stuff we can do, "she said as her eyes sparkled with a huge grin on her face.

I love it when her eyes sparkle..

~

30 minutes passed full with her talking about her room and what her life had been like. She... Loves... To... Talk a nigga ear off.

"--- my dad is currently in the military. He won't be coming home until like... I don't know, I miss him", she said looking sort of sad. Then she quickly changed her mood and started to smile again.

"What's your dad like? ", she said.

Damn, bipolar much??

" Uhm..."

"Cmon you can talk to me. I promise I won't tell. Cross my heart," she says as she literally crosses her heart.

"I can start to trust you, but... My dad... He.... Uhhh.."

I couldn't speak. There was no way I could say something nice about this.

"Wait.. Is he still around?", she said.

"I'm not sure, but I'd rather not talk about... Him", I said.

"Aww, whenever your comfortable. Or if your not, feel free to tell me anything. I would never neglect you", she said putting her hand on mine resting her chin on my shoulder.

I looked away as I blushed. I knew I should trust this girl. I know because she just told me how her lifestyle was and she trusts me by those actions. Plus she isn't from around here, so I know she ain't like these other hoes. I thought for a minute....

"Don't worry, I won't rush or pressure you. Trust takes time",she said.

I stared at her in shock. I started feeling.. warm inside and my heart began to beat harder until I actually heard it from my ears. Not only because I'm new to love, but because she spoke to me in two different places of my heart. It was like she's the solution to my own problems.

"Are you OK? ",she asked.

"I-I---", my voice cracked , "I have to go".

"Aww, why?"

"I don't feel good", I said, "My heart is starting beat faster than normal".

"That isn't bad", she said, "It's love".

A felt tears forming in my eyes. She smiled, and I did too.