[29] DISTRACTIONS AND DISASTERS

a.n: the following chapters will tell the story happening in other people's situations (i.e; diana, gilbert, etc.) to fully understand what is happening.

♥‿♥

'we need to maintain an awareness of our awareness, of what we are paying attention to, in order to discriminate between higher and lower forms of love'

The next morning, Aurelie woke up a mess, and didn't bother to fix anything. She walked the house in utter confusion, not putting much thought into anything she did.

Alice made her way inside, confused. "Aura, have you--"

"He is so--Ugh! I have never been more angry at him in my life. Why would he ask me..." Aurelie trailed off. "..so late?" She questioned. "So sudden? He did, however. Despite her perfection and his burning desire to leave an everlasting mark on medicine and humanity!" She shouted while the confused and concerned Alice watched her pace the room.

"Look at me! I'm speaking like Anne now that I have gone out of my mind. Thanks to him. And I was...so, so astonished, and-and-and how could he have expected me to realize that at that precise moment...." Aurelie stammered. "...I loved him- I love him."

She sighed, sitting down at the table. "I love Gilbert Blythe." She looked to her mother, who was stunned.

 "Wow. I was simply just--asking you if you watered the flowers but..." Alice sat down as well. "Are you sure it's love?"

"Yes." Aurelie confirmed. "But it doesn't matter, because it's too late." She shook her head in disappointment. 

"Are you sure it's too late?" Inquired the woman.

"W-Well, his...Winifred....seems...perfect." Aurelie stuttered, unsure. "And I can only presume--"

"But you don't know for certain." Interrupted her mother. 

"I told him to marry her." Aurelie sighed. Alice reached her hand forward, setting it over Aurelie's.

"Aura, when I was your age and loved your father, I thought that I should just give up since he had his eyes set on a different girl. It turned out that he didn't. I told him, even when I thought it was too late. Don't miss out on this." She urged. "You must go. Now!"

Aurelie sat in place for a moment. Quickly, she stood up, rushing out of the house, not caring about her foolish appearance. 

"Uh...Everything alright, Aura?" Dean called out to the girl running by outside.

"Gilbert! I love him! I have to tell him now!" She replied, running off.