52

Unknown

I hate her. I really hate her. I just don't understand what is so special about her? Even when they were broken up she was a thorn in my side. Calling to leave messages or asking him to come help her with some court thing.

Of course I had tried to get close to him while we were in college but he wouldn't give anyone the time of day. Even Courtney and Steven didn't get much out of him.

When we graduated I was going to surprise him and show up so that we could be together. I even tried to get close with her best friend since she dated Riley's best friend, not that I was very successful.

Still I was able to get snippets every now and then, when I was with Courtney and he would be on the phone with Brett. I knew when she had moved on with someone else, that she was happy while he was still wallowing. Still he would never come out with us.

When I heard they were back together and that she had his twins I was enraged. Who did she think she was, giving birth to trap him into going back to her.

When Courtney told me that she had a plan to split them up so I could move in on him I was apprehensive, but I also knew that unless you were Courtney and Steven, cheating was usually a deal breaker. So I took her offer.

But when she came back a few weeks ago and told me that he firmly put her in her place I knew I was going to have to take matters into my own hands. She had brainwashed him, trapped him into a relationship with two children - a situation Riley would never back away from.

He would want to do the right thing, whether it made him happy or not.

I will admit that following them to the club was not my finest moment. I suppose her friend Ava could have recognized me, but we had only met a handful of times and I doubted she would remember me.

I had slipped a few guys some twenties to have them try to break up the trio and flirt with her. I just needed one picture, one. Something to send to him to show that she couldn't be trusted, but my efforts were in vain. She was being smart.

I thought I could at least separate them later when they left, but no. Those quirky bitches had a personal driver- go figure.

Maybe I should have aborted my mission then, but I couldn't. I had come too far and clearly I was going to need more info before I could make my attack so I followed them cautiously. They dropped off the blonde first as her man waited for her at the door, but I didn't care about her.

Slowly I followed the car to the next destination until it pulled into a gated driveway. I parked down the street and put my hooded jacked on before walking towards the gate.

He was there. Shirtless and his his pajama pants as he picked her up out of the car and kissed the top of her head. I knew he was faking, he didn't really love her, he just thought he did.

They all disappeared into his house after that and after an hour of waiting I decided to call it quits.

It wasn't over though.

I knew it in my gut that he needed a way out, an escape plan and I was going to find him one. We deserved a happily ever after and SHE was not going to come between that.

It was decided.

Brittney had to go.