70 - Epilogue

It had been a whole year and a half since we said those two little words 'I do'.

Each day had been as blissful as the last and the most drama we had faced had been from Hannah, who, apparently was a bridezilla in a cute outer shell.

Their wedding was this evening and while everyone got ready she was still ordering everyone around. I mean I guess I understood that she wanted it to be perfect, but I didn't think she would get as crazy as she was with it.

"It's just different when you had to save every last penny to pay for it. You and Ava married into wealthy families, it wasn't as hard for you to plan and cut back and still make everything perfect." She explained and she wasn't wrong.

I hadn't considered that her attitude was from the financial stress of the wedding. I took a deep breath and moved towards her, taking her hands in mine.

"I know, but we are here for you. Let us take some of the weight off of you."

She took a breath and smiled before she let us help with the remaining to do list she had compiled. We got it done within the hour and thankfully that signalled the start of actually getting her dressed and ready to walk down the aisle.

We slipped the A line dress over her and helped her into her shoes, touching up her hair and her makeup until she was flawless. Ava and I were in blush wrap style dresses. Hannah had insisted that we didn't upstage her and honestly it was an easy request to follow.

Thankfully the ceremony went on without a hitch and we all partied until the early hours of the morning, when our own men came to collect us from the dance floor.

"Britt, it's time to go, the twins have school tomorrow and it's a big day for everyone." Riley's said taking my hand.

"I agree, and Ava you need to get back to pump and dump before little Rebecca needs her next feeding." Brett smiled down at Ava while holding their three week old daughter.

"Fine, but can we at least give them their wedding surprise before we leave?" Ava pouted and anyone with eyes would be able to tell that he wasn't going to say no.

All of us walked towards the happy couple and pulled them to the side.

"So we all got you something, together." Riley smiled down as me.

"But before you get it, you are NOT" I emphasized the word, "giving it back."

Ava handed them the envelope and I watched them as Hannah read the small card that contained a brouchure and two flights to the beach house in Hawaii.

"Guys it's.."

"NOT giving it back" I repeated. "If it makes you feel better the house is free anyway. We only split the cost of the flights and the food." I added.

Kyle looked like he was about to protest when I squinted my eyes at him and he looked down at how happy Hannah was.

"Thank you." He looked at me before turning to everyone else "thanks everyone seriously"

"No problem, you guys deserve a break and a good honeymoon." Brett grinned as Ava smiled up at him.

We all turned to walk away after that when Kyle called my name. I smiled up at Riley and he continued with the twins to the car.

"Still not taking it back." I said with a smirk.

"I know, it's just? Thanks?" He said nervously. "I know we didn't expect me to watch you get married, or you to be giving me a honeymoon, but I really am glad you're in my life Britt."

"Me too." I smiled sheepishly, fully understanding the strange dynamic of our lives.

We had gone from being friends to not speaking, to him being the only person I trusted, to in a relationship and back to friends. Yet, this is the first time I have seen him this genuinely happy.

"I meant what I said all those years ago, when I said I love you." I blurted without thinking and watched as his face looked confused.

He turned to look at Hannah before turning back to me.

"Britt."

"Not like that Kyle, jeeze. I meant, I just mean back then I knew I loved you, but now, watching you with Hannah, I know I always will. I'm not saying you'll ever replace Levi, but it's the same kind of love I think. Like I know you'll always be there for me no matter what." I explained quickly so he couldn't cut me off.

His mouth turned up in a smile and I grinned back. "You should get back to Riley. I have a wife to entertain." He smirked as I rolled me eyes and turned away from him.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a hug. "I know what you mean Britt and I love you too. Friends forever." He whispered in my ear before he let go of me and walked to Hannah.

I waved one final time before I joined Riley and the kids in the car. We had Ryan too since we knew he didn't need to be home tonight. Not that anyone ever wants to think about their friends having sex after college, but it's their wedding and they truly deserve some alone time.

We arrive home and settle the kids before I cuddle up to Riley on our bed. My head is resting over his heart as he plays with my hair.

"Do you ever regret it?" He asks taking a deep breath. "Choosing me over him?" He clarifies and I push up on my hands to look at him.

"Riles," I use my nickname for him to settle his nerves which are obvious on his face. "I regret a lot of things, not talking to you before you left for college, not telling you about the twins, not being completely honest with Kyle, but I will never ever regret choosing you." I said as his fingers continued to work through my hair.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"I'm sure. Today put a lot of things into perspective for me. Kyle and I, we found each other at a time when we were both trying to forget someone else. I love him, the same way I love Levi and I know he would do anything for me, but I watched him tonight, watched how he smiles at Hannah like the brightest star wouldn't compare to her, it's the same look you give me." I move one hand up to cup his face.

"Me and Kyle. We will always love each other and I don't think we will ever forget our time together, but he was missing Hannah, and I was missing you." I smiled up at him.

"I love you so much." He replied.

"I know, and I love you too. I always will."

"Always and forever?" He asks.

"Always and forever." I smiled leaning up to kiss him.

I meant every word. Me and Kyle had our thing, but I am certain there is no where else I would rather be than in Riley's arms. Watching kyle with Hannah was beautiful and magic and everything you would see in a happily ever after.

So maybe our first attempts at love were unsuccessful, and perhaps our paths to each other helped us to fill the void, but we eventually found out that love did deserve a second chance again. His with Hannah and mine with Riley.

For us the second time was lucky.