3

It took half a second for her to jump on me, accidentally elbowing me pretty hard in the stomach causing me to flinch.

"Shit Anna!"

"Oh gosh I am so sorry!" She apologized quickly climbing off me.

"Crap." I winced cradling my stomach.

"Britt I'm sorry are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm good." I took a deep breath and blew it out slowly.

"Britt I think you may want to get checked out." Averleigh suggested.

"I'm fine." I smiled as I took in another deep breath "I just need a minute."

"She's fine mom, Levi has hit her harder than that before." Anna said "but I'm still sorry." She corrected herself.

"It's not the same Anna!" Averleigh said as I rubbed the area she had elbowed.

"Averleigh I promise I'm fine, Anna why don't we go upstairs and catch up?" I forced a smile and got up ignoring the pain in my stomach.

Once we got to her room I sat on her bed no leaned against the headboard as she sat on the side of the bed.

"I didn't mean to hurt you." She said softly.

"I know, it's fine."

"I just don't know why moms so mad?"

Damn it. I couldn't let Anna think her mom was overreacting and I really didn't have long until the secret was out.

"Anna I need to tell you something." I said bluntly. I didn't wait to see if she was ready I just blurted it out. "I'm pregnant."

I watched the mixture of confusion and then excitement before worry crossed her face.

"Wait? You're pregnant? Shit maybe you should get checked out."

"I'm fine." I cut her off.

"Wait, I didn't know you were seeing anyone?"

"I'm not." I answered honestly.

"Was it a one night stand?" She didn't let me answer before her next question "how far along are you? You're barely showing."

"First of all, no it wasn't a one night stand." I smiled at the very notion that I could do that. I had barely left my house or spoken to anyone, much less gone out and slept with someone. "I'm due in a couple of months."

She seemed to ponder on it for a few minutes until she squealed. "Wait that means that it was right around the time Riley left, wait I'm going to be an aunt?"

I just laughed and nodded my head as he threw her arms around me. She started babbling soon after until I told her I wasn't finding out the gender. Then she seemed to calm down and decided to just gossip instead.

Apparently some guy in her class had an older sister at the same college as Riley. According to Anna and her friend Riley and his sister Courtney were friends since she dated his roommate.

"Apparently he doesn't go out, I mean from what Tyler said Courtney and her boyfriend offer but he never goes, just sits in his room studying. He said that he keeps to himself and doesn't really talk to anyone."

"That doesn't sound like him." I said trying not to get Anna stuck in the middle of our problems.

"I know, but maybe it's because he knows he should be here! I mean how can he be so far away while you're getting ready to have his baby!"

"Actually... I, I don't think he knows." I admitted.

"What do you mean? You told him didn't you?" She asked.