The loved one.

I slide my hand into his without thinking twice about it.

Well he is not that bad is he?

Annie Claire, the old lady running this place sped towards Rahul when we reached her office and gave him a heartly hug which Rahul genuinely returned with happiness but he still.held on to my hand. She was short and most of her hair were grey , giving her a grand-motherly look. As soon as she saw Rahul her lips broke into a big smile.

"How have you been Rahul.? "

"I am at my best Aunt Claire!- as he greeted her her attention seemed to dwindle towards me-" Meet Elena Kapoor my fiancée."

She gave me a warm smile and pulled me into a hug.

"You are lucky to have him." She says. I role my eyes at Rahul but smile down at her. Rahul trying to be the modest person brushed off her compliment by saying that he was fortunate for having a person like me and guess what he winks at me. Dumbass.

The afternoon clicks by as Rahul and i play hide and seek with the kids , intentionally getting knocked out for the kids' sake. The place was too big and spacious that there was too much hiding. After two to three games i could almost name a bunch of them. The kids seemed desperate for love and affection and that is exactly why they loved Rahul.

For a minute it was like i got back the childhood that i had lost because of him.
When we were halfway through a game Aunt Claire came towards us carrying what seemed like a tiny tiny baby wrapped in white towel. Rahul quickly came towards her.

"This poor thing's parents died in a car accident last week." She says . I go cold reliving the day when i had lost them both for a car accident.

The tiny thing was snuggled in the towel and the kids running around place made too much of noise that the baby starts crying, not happy on being waken up from a peaceful sleep. He looked too small , too beatiful and olive skin. Black hair. Like an Indian!. Aunt Claire' s attention turned to the phone ringing in the office room. She looks at me expecting me take the baby. But she hands the baby over to me anyways and fast walks towards the office. I look over at Rahul expecting to take the baby from me but he doesn't.

"He seems to like you." he says curiously looking at the baby in a adoring way.

I smile down at him, i could almost feel my stressed heart beats easing down gradually. He smiles back reaching to touch my cheeks . I bend over so he could place his tiny hand on my cheek. He cackles cutely showing off his toothless mouth.
..

When we were about to leave i definitely saw Rahul slipping a BIG fat cheque into the donation box and i smiled at him as he ensured Aunt Claire wouldn't see him.

He sneakily strolled through the corridors and slipped in the cheque.

He came towards me smiling.

"It's so cold. Can we go now?"

"Yeah sure." I look down at his hand tightly locking themselves around his coat. He surely doesn't adjust to cool weather i guessed. It was only then i noticed that i was shivering too. I had forgotten my jacket in the car. How clever.!

I walk ahead of him ,trying to warm up but feel warmer because i could feel his coat enveloping me in the scent of his cologne. I turn back and our faces are just inches away. He still has a smile lingering in his lips.

I can almost hear my heart pounding. Usually i go numb during these kind of situations more like vulnerable, but its is quite short lived because he quickly moves away from me. His smile disappears too.

"Thank you." I say.

"For ?" He asks rising his eyebrows.

" For your coat and for today. Its been ages since i have been this happy."

"Don't Thank me, it's my privilage. I don't like it when my loved ones thank me."

The car is just ten yards away and he starts jogging towards it not being able to withhold the chillness anymore. I just stand there thinking about what he just told to me.

He is just kidding right? He'd better be cause all i have done for him is yell, retort, fight, scream and if it is to be necessarily mentioned , hate.

..

The house zoomed into view as he smoothly but quickly drove into the driveway. As he stopped the car i opened the door and step out. A shiver ran down my body as the evening breeze embraced me. I hugged the jacket and realised i still had his jacket on. I remove it and replaced it with my own.

"Don't miss me too much." He says and winks.

"In your dreams." i say giving him the attitude wali look.

"Bye Elena."

"Bye Rahul." I say. I just stand there and watch his car zoom out , smiling.
I turn to take the steps leading to the house but instead come face to face with Shruthi and behind her is Meera.

"Dude your smiling and i think i am dreaming." Says Meera and pinches her hand.

"oOuch.!.!!! Okay i am not dreaming. What the f happened.!!?" She screeches. I fight back my smile.

"Nothing at all." I say and rush off into the house.

Narrator P.O.V

Meera and Shruthi follow Elena's steps quickly , curiosity pulling them towards her.

"Elena tell me. Everything. Now." Orders Shruthi. Even though she was trying her best she couldn't be her original self. She was too upset and not having anyone to share it with made the situation worser. She was afraid what Meera would think of her if she told what had happened between her and Abhi.

"There nothing new bout the dumbass. What do you both expect.! " she said keeping her tone even." It was his budday so yeah .. Oh shit ! I never gave him anything." she said striking her forehead with her palm.

Meera and Shruthi smirked in a i-know-where-this-shit-is-going kind of way.

"Guys any suggestions.?"

"Umm. Maybe a kiss.?' said meera with a grin.

"Seriously Mia!" Says elena quickly she gets up from the couch.

Just then Meera grabs her vibrating phone from her jean pocket and attends the call.

"Guys i have to go now. The model sponsers need to ensure i am "capable" enough to avail the sponser." She says rolling eyes. " i don't really think my video is coming up anytime soon."
She looks down in a sad way but walk out shouting farewells to Elena and Shruthi.

"What's wrong with you Shruthi.? You don't seem normal." says Elena.

Shruthi sighs biting her lower lip.

"I slept with Abhimanyu."
.
.
.
.
.

So guys how was this chapter. I loved writing this chapter. I haven't edited it still so :P . And thank you so much guys for bearing with my late updates. This update is for all my lovely readers who leave a Vote and a comment everytime , making me HAPPY and content. :)