[Chapter 5 - Not alone]

Ikki stood alone in that spot where their sculpture was supposed to be.

A month was gone since he left her. Pema went back with Jinora, Kai and their little girl. Meelo went in the village, the only one village near the southern air temple, with Lin Beifong and Mako, they were working there. Rohan and Tenzin insisted on staying with Ikki and she couldn't refuse her little brother and if Rohan was staying, Tenzin was staying too.

She heard her fathers' footsteps come closer to her spot. Her father was careful not to alter his daughter's balance, for fear that she could have fallen, Ikki was so fragile in his eyes, to sad that he already broke her little heart.

"Kya..." Her father exhales slowly, trying to prevent her heart from pouring out to his daughter. Ikki reasoned that was the case, anyway. Everything just made so much more sense when looked at in cold logic. No more rainbows and glitter potions. There wasn't any point in thinking all that. She was too tired to try. "Kya is here. She wants to see you."

"...She does?" Ikki is surprised how different her voice sounds. It's so tired, so hoarse, so lifeless. But the very fact that Kya was there now, made some small amount of life return in her dimmed eyes.

"Yes, she does! She really wants to see how you are, and she's staying for dinner, too."

"...I'm coming." She saw her father open his mouth, and chose to interrupt he before he said anything, "but I can come down on my own.I'm not a little girl, daddy."

"Are you sure? I can help you if you want-"

"I'm fine."

The bright smile that had played on her fathers' lips had vanished in but an instant.

Ikki left her dad there while she went in her room to change herself. That room was empty now, every single draw that was one the wall was now trash. Ikki cut them all, she painted the walls in a dark shade of green and that's it. She lost her imagination, her happiness. He took all she had with him in Zaofu.

The one thing that hadn't changed, however, was the body-length mirror that hung aimlessly by the window. Slowly, she walked over to it, seeing her reflection in full view.

Her thought about her family come back in her mind.

She never really liked her family but in the day when Kuvira attacked republic city Ikki lost all her love for them, but somehow, she couldn't hate Rohan.

Of course the 'important people' always gets protected. What am I to them all, then? It was a spiteful thought, but one she felt was justified. Her father nearly died to save Jinora, so many times. Plus, Meelo was the son he'd always wanted, and Rohan was still a little kid. What did they need her for? Someone to get in the way of the 'master who will lead us into a new age' being harmed.

Deep sobs ruptured from her throat, blubbering incoherent words as her cheeks grew red with grief and anger. She went to her knees with a violent, sudden fall, and her eyes began to heat up with the familiar pain yet again.

I've had enough! I've had enough! I want my life back! Why did it have to be stolen away from me? What did I do?

"Ikki!"

Was that Kya? Ikki couldn't see past her blurry vision, with those feelings utterly blinding her.

"Ikki, Ikki, look at me."

"C-can't," she rasped, as kya held her up by her shoulders.

"Ikki, I need you to listen to me, okay? Okay?" Ikki managed to nod at that, though her mind was still hazy, and Kya's warm grip had been the one thing keeping her from getting lost in that fog of a mind. "I need you to stand up. Can you do that for me?"