[Chapter 8 - First decision]

The sun was lighting the sky. Everything seemed so perfect, but in Zaofu was a little broken girl. She was in her room looking in the mirror. She was still bandaged. Her scars were still there.

Two days ago she saved Lyra's life, giving up her life.

The door was opened by Rohan. He was wearing his red clothes and his hair was messy.

" Hi, sis. "

" Hi, Rohan. "

" Do you wanna come out? " he asked hopefully

".. Sure."

Rohan went beside her and he pushed her wheel-chair downstairs.

"Hi, sweetie. "

" Hi, mom. " Ikki said bored

" How are you feeling? "

" Fine, don't you see? " Ikki said rolling her eyes

" Sweetie, I didn't mean - "

" Whatever. " Ikki cut her off

Rohan moved Ikki's chair outside then he stood beside her.

Ikki was looking at Huan, he was practicing his metalbending in the garden.
The sad girl moved her eyes from Huan and she started to stare at something else.

Ikki had always thought that being one out of five Airbenders- well, four if you didn't count Korra, but who didn't count Korra? She was like an older sister, except the fun kind who didn't read books all day like Jinora but went around kissing attractive Firebenders and beating up meanie guys in masks and their crazy Chi-Blocking followers and stuff. Ikki had always thought that being an Airbender made her special. Because she could fly around on her glider and blow big winds at Meelo when he was being annoying or fall from, like, anywhere and totally not fall. 'Cause how cool was that, right?

But then she looked at herself. She was invalid. She couldn't airbend, so she couldn't be special. She didn't count that the southern air temple would be again left in disrepair. Rohan looked sad as well, she was supposed to teach him how to make an airscooter.

Ikki sighed.

She remembered something.

As Huan swirled her around the floor the metal cuffs around his wrists began to flow and meld, sliding around her wrists in delicate patterns and flourishes that mimicked the swell of the music. The effect was both beautiful and mesmerizing. Ikki lit up like a beacon. They made a bit of an incongruous couple; Huan, tall and slender with his green and black hair fastened up and his matching formal Zaofu robes and his usual intense expression; Ikki, small-boned and bird-like, light and soaring in deep yellow with an expression of pure enchantment on her face.

Ikki shook her head.

" What is it?" Rohan asked

" I c-can't get over the fact that he was supposed to marry another woman. "

" Ikki, I hope you know he still loves you. "

" How can you say that?"

" It's written all over his face. Whenever he sees you he's smile is bigger, when you're looking at him he seem happier. And when he was with that earthebender only thing that was on his face was sadness. "

Ikki looked amused at her younger brother. He was 12 and he was better in love than she.

" Why you're laughing?"

" You're just giving me advise about love and you're 12. "

Rohan looked at his older sister and he started to laugh. Since she was in the hospital she was sad all the time, now he was happy that she was laughing again.

In-house were Pema, Kya and Lin and they saw the entire scene. Every woman was happy that their little girl was laughing.

Tenzin saw his girl too, he smiled with her.

" She's going to be okay," Bumi said goign near Tenzin

" I know. She's so strong, but it's painful to see her like that. "

" I know, in fact, she's your daughter. And you didn't give her enough attention. " Bumi coughed

" What?"

" This is the truth, Tenzin. She needed your love and you only had eyes for Jinora. "

Tenzin looked down, somewhere, deep in his heart he knew that Bumi was right.

Hidden behind a tree was Jinora, she heard them and she felt guilty too. She never saw the pain in Ikki's eyes.

Maybe because she tried to be happy all the time. Jinora thought

Huan heard Ikki's laugh even if he was practicing. He wanted to go to hug her, but he couldn't. Suyin canceled the ceremony until things will get better, but everyone knew that nothing is gonna be normal again.

Toph and Lin were terrified, they were the persons who made that accident happen and Lin was blaming herself so much for that, Kya tried to tell her that isn't her fault, Bumi tried to cheer her up but she cut them off everytime when they went closer to her.

Some people noticed the way Huan was looking at Ikki and everyone noticed that the airbender had a crush on him. Even Lyra noticed that but she couldn't understan why she saved her.

To make him happy because she thought that he really loves the eartbender , that was the answer.

But Lyra didn't want to give up on Huan because he was a Beifong after all and that could have benefits.

The earthebnder moved slowly until she arrived near Huan, she went from behind and she hugged him. He was shocked, he didn't like her, but he couldn't do anything just looking at a sad Ikki, the airbender saw them and she stoped from being happy, her smile fade and her happines died. Lyra smiled and Huan was feeling guilty.

" You okay?" Rohan asked

" I-i can't stay here. " Ikki said wiping her tears

" What do you mean?"

" I have to go. "

" But you can't, Ikki you-re um.."

" I know I'm invalid Rohan! But I'm gonna get better soon then I'm gonna leave. I don't wanna have anything to do with Huan Beifong. "

" But you love him."

" Yes, that's why I'm leaving. "

A/N: sorry cuz it took me so long to update, but I don't have many ideas. SORRY FOR THE MISTAKES TOO.

edit: I'm editing the chapters with Grammarly !