[ Chapter 29 - Sorrow ]

" He was captured " was everything that Ikki could hear.

She was standing in the tent, they've left the spirit world, they've left everything. They needed to find Huan now, that was the most important thing. Ikki was panicked, that's why Tenzin didn't let her to go with them, she had to stay near the spirit portal with two guards while everyone else was searching for her husband.

" I can't just wait for them to come back! He's my husband, my whole world. I have to find him, now ! " she thought

She was thinking at the worse - she thought he could be dead. No, that wasn't possible. He was surely alive! Ikki grabbed her usual clothes and she changed herself, she gave up on her fancy hair and she made her two buns as usual.

She cut the back of the tent and she flew away. The wind was so cold, she couldn't even see straight. Republic City was beautiful from the sky, but up there is was colder than at the poles.

After Ikki arrived somewhere into the mountains she stopped to meditate, that was the only way she could ever save Huan.

Astral projection was an ability mastered only by airbenders, only Jinora was able to do it at first but after the time have passed Ikki learnt it too. Using that ability they were able to project their spirit anywhere.

Ikki took her pose for meditation and she started to think only at Huan and slowly she saw herself in front of a volcano that was active. No - it couldn't be. Huan couldn't be there. No! That volcano was ready to explode.

The volcano was somewhere into the Fire Nation and that was just so far away, how could she possibly make it?

Ikki opened her eyes and she looked around her, she was near Republic City, in the mountains. She needed some kind of a transport, if she would fly she wouldn't be at the time there.

' I have to do this. For Huan. '

The air master looked down where was a river, she could bend that water into an ice skate and that would be faster than flying. She flew near the water and with quickly moves she made an ice skate, she went on it and the girl started to bend the water as fast as she could.

Jinora told her long ago that the river was connected to the Fire Nation somehow, or that's what Ikki could barely remember.

The imagines around Ikki were all blurry but when she passed by a small village she saw a circus.

She stopped from bending water and she ran towards the circus, there she saw her perfect transport : one water reptile - the fastest animal in the world.

That was her luck.

***

Thirty miles west, a small island jutted out of the ocean. A tiny peak of volcanic stone, smoke issuing from the tip in a thin and sullen trickle. Huan awoke slowly, his head throbbing and his wrists chafing - no doubt from the heavy platinum chains and manacles that bound his wrists and ankles. A radio crackled near his head, the static of an open channel, though no voice issued forth just yet. His fine silk suit was torn and stained, smeared with the mud that he had been dragged through during his abduction. He idly bent the mud off of himself, only slightly annoyed. He didn't even need to use any specific gesture to get the mud off, a simple brushing gesture was enough to send it flying out to drop harmlessly to the volcanic rock.

A vague shudder in the ground became a furious roar, the ground dancing and shaking and quaking with murderous fury. The smoke from the tiny spur of rock became a torrent of thick, choking, black gas, and for several long minutes, everything was a catastrophic mess of deafening noise and heaving earth. When it had finally quieted down, the radio crackled before a soft, serious woman's voice spoke. "So. You're awake. Good. Listen well, and we won't have any trouble. You're on a small, unmarked volcanic island from the Fire Nation, less than half an acre. There's a small cave near you with food and water, enough to last you a few days if you're careful, and if you cooperate, we'll all get along just fine. If you try to bend, you'll make the acquaintance of a very large, very angry volcano spirit that's taken up residence below your feet. And even if you were to leave, well...." There was a pause, then a sharp yell of pain from her end of the radio, the unmistakable voice of Ikki crying out. "....then your dear fiancee will suffer for it. Be good." The radio turned silent, leaving Huan furious and terrified and desperately alone, missing the woman he loved.

Sapphire laughed after the turned off the radio. One of her servants could imitate Ikki's voice at perfection, so that was the way she could play with Huan's mind.

" Good job, servant. Soon we'll have the girl searching for Huan, then everyone will come for them, even the avatar herself. " Sapphire laughed with a dark smirk on her face, she was planning her revenge, she wanted the avatar dead so badly and she wanted Zaheer to suffer for playing her and she knew his weak point - Kya , and she will come for Ikki. Sapphire's plan couldn't get any better.

A/N THIS CHAPTER IS CORECTED, SO IF I LET OUT SOME MISTAKES PLEASE LET ME KNOW BECAUSE I AM SO TIRED RN