[Chapter 24 - Sister]

The morning caught Lin awake. The chief couldn't sleep at all.

She only thought of Lyun and Tenzin and how is she supposed to talk to Ikki - the girl who was 22 hours of training and a wedding to plan. Yeah! She had to talk to her about how she has another sister.

Lin look at the person who was sleeping on the floor. Lyun looked so happy, even if she was asleep Lin could tell that she had Tenzin's facial expressions.

The chief went to the bathroom to change her clothes.

That was the day when the truth would come at the light. She couldn't keep it a secret anymore.

She kept it for 22 years. That was enough.

She felt so bad for Lyun, she never met her family only because her mom had issues.

" Mom?" a not so happy voice shouted

" kiddo. Morning. "

" What's up? Why you're so ...um excited? "

" Because this is the day ."

" The day? "

"Yes. You're gonna met your dad and family. "

Lyun's expression changed suddenly. She looked both excited and happy. She never heard a thing about them and now, she was just curious but scared that things could turn out to be bad.

" How's he ?" Lyun asked

" Who? Your dad? An amazing man and father. He loves his children so much and recently he has been through a lot of pain, but he's still smiling, only when he's alone he cries, so no one could see him because he has to stay strong. "Lin said with a tear falling down from her eye

" That was a gorgeous description of him, mom. Then why you're not with him?"

" I've told you, he's married and he has other four children with a younger and beautiful woman."

" Mom, that's the excuse. Tell me the truth. Why haven't you told him that you were pregnant? That could have changed everything. "

" When I found out, he was already dating her. She was young, beautiful and without issues. She could leave everything behind and go with him. I couldn't. I was trying to impress mom, to be the chief and I couldn't marry him. I didn't want to. I was scared. I couldn't tell anyone. I had to stay strong so that's why I let him be happy even if that made me broken. "

Lyun looked at her mom. She always thought that she was just some grumpy woman, but she wasn't. She was a hero. She did what she thought she was fair for him, not for her. She always put others first.

Lyun stood up and she hugged tightly her mom. Now she could understand her better and she wanted to heal every broken piece of her heart.

" Now, get ready, kid."

" Sure, ma'am. "

Lyun ran into the bathroom and she searched for her makeup bag, she did her morning routine, then she changed into some beautiful but not too feminine clothes.

" I'm ready, mom."

" Good, because I am not. " Lin laughed making reference to her spiritual disposition

The two women left their apartment closed as they went to face their family.

Lin was still trying to figure out a way to tell Tenzin, but she couldn't find any. She was afraid that he would get angry and he'll make a scene in front of others.

When they arrived at their house Lin's heart stopped for a second.

" Okay, first I'll talk to him to explain the situation, OK?"

"Sure, mom. I'll wait here then."

" Wish me luck."

"Good luck." Lyun laughed after her mom entered the house

Tenzin was getting ready for practice when Lin found him.

" What's happening, Lin? "

Oh, God.

" I have to tell you the truth. "

" The truth? "

" Okay, I'm not good at confession and you know that, so I say it fast: Ihaveadaughterandsomehowshesyourdaughtertoo."

" What? Lin, slow down. "

"I have a daughter. "

In that moment, Tenzin's face was shocked.

" What?"

" She wants to meet you."

" Why? What? I'm confused."

" You're her dad ."

" Woah, what?" Tenzin asked

How was that even possible? He thought. A daughter? Lin's daughter? My daughter? How ?

" Remember that night? "

" Of course..but you said that you were okay ."

" I only found out that after our break up and you were already with Pema. "

Tenzin's eyes were full of tears. She lied to him, only if she would have talked with him now this wouldn't be happening. But Tenzin wasn't angry at Lin or at the girl, his girl. He was angry at himself. How could he not notice that for 9 months he hadn't seen Lin? How could he not notice the kid's stuff from Lin's house? She always said that the stuff was Su's. How could he be so blind?

Tenzin started to cry harder, but he went to hug Lin.

That woman could be his hell and his heaven in the same time.

Of course, everything was wrong. He would have to talk with his wife, with his children and family, but he wasn't ready. He was still angry at himself.

When they went downstairs Lyun was on the couch and Su's family was there, Toph was there and Tenzin's family was there.

" Mom? Is everything OK? " Lyun asked

" Mom?" Ikki pointed out

Lyun blinked for one-second d but then Lin spoke out.

" Yes, she's my daughter. "

" Wow. " Ikki gasped

The little airbender was shocked, but she let Lin talk anyways.

" And she's your step sister. "

Now, in that moment everyone blinked.

Pema didn't took the news too good but everyone was surprised when Ikki ran to Lyun to hug her.

" Welcome home, sister. " Ikki cried

A|B: well well drama lama
And the battle is coming
Ugh
So complicated