[Chapter 31 - Not the 'the end']

Standing on the rumbling, shaking the ground, feeling the awe-inspiring of millions of tons of magma seething and churning below his feet, he felt very small and fragile. He clicked the radio off and sat on the rocky ground, staring out into the distance and thinking fondly of his time with the lovely young woman that he loved more dearly than life itself.

Huan understood what master Katara meant, he knew that probably he'll die if someone won't come for him. Also, he knew that someone had to go after Sapphire, but who? The airbenders were in the south, Katara, Bataar Sr and Bataar Jr were in Republic City. Ty lee, Zuko, Penga and Zaheer were in Zaofu with his brothers, Opal, Bolin, Mako and Asami. Princess Eska and Prince Desna couldn't make it in time. Toph, Lin, Lyun, Kya and Su were the only one left out and Huan was sure that they were going after Sapphire. He had to wait for Iroh's army, but what if he wouldn't make it? What if the army won't arrive in time?

But here and now, he could admit to himself that the volcano was beautiful, in its own way. Being this close to it was very nearly intoxicating for an earthbender. The rumbling turned into a quake, the ground dancing and cracking as the lava boiled over. Huan could see his death.

***

" She's the last one! " Bumi yelled

Ikki airbent the air that was around her. She was only a 8 years old little girl. Ikki flew to her and she took the girl in her arms. She flew to the airship with Bumi following her.

" Thank you, everyone, for coming with me. " Tenzin said looking at the airbenders then he only looked at his daughter " I'm so sorry Ikki, for this nightmare you've been through. "

" It's okay. We had to save them, now, please excuse me. I have to save my husband. " she responded before she jumped from the airship

She flew straight to the Fire Nation.

***

The plume of ash could be seen from hundreds of miles away. From her lair, Sapphire laughed at the first true joy she had felt in years, wishing only that she could have seen the Beifong boy's face as he died. She hadn't seen Huan, but she had in front of her other victim. She had a very weak and broken Kya. The waterbender offered to be the spy, to go and see if Sapphire was really there, but she had been caught.

Beside Sapphire, the small radio on her desk crackled, before a stern and familiar voice spoke through it.

"You killed my grandson, Sapphire. It's time for you to die."

She took the radio up with a smile, opening her mouth to gloat. Who could ever find her, after all? Nobody could have possibly- The thought died halfway to her lips as the steely grip of Toph Beifong, mightiest of the Beifongs and the strongest earthbender who had ever lived, closed around the pirate's throat. Her arm slipped around Sapphire's neck to grip her tightly, cutting off her supply of air and terrifying her almost as much as the voice that sounded close to her ear.

"You've hurt too many people today. I won't let you continue."

She had just enough time to realize who she was dealing with before a loud snapping sound filled her ears, a spike of pain shooting up from her neck just as everything went black. Toph let the body fall limply to the floor, head turned at a horrifying angle, wide eyes seeing nothing. She wasn't looking forwards to telling Ikki about this.

Lin and Su came in after the terrifying scene and they took Kya in their arms, after that they exited the room with Toph following them.

They received Iroh's message - they couldn't make it in time.

They've announced everyone, Zaheer was on his way to Republic City because he heard about Kya too, while everyone else tried to help the Beifong Family as much as they could.

Ikki got a message - they needed her in Republic City.

And though Ikki's heart has in her throat on her return to the site of the wedding, she somehow knew already what had happened.

Toph sat with Katara and Suyin, the three of them speaking softly.

Bataar Sr stood aside with Bataar Jr. as well, still in shock at the death of Huan, but having put aside their resentments for the good of the family.

Lyun was being consoled by Lin, who gave Ikki a solemn nod and beckoned her over. Zaheer and Kya were talking about ther own problems in a private spot while Pema, Tenzin and Ikki's family weren't there yet.

"Huan loved you dearly, and you loved him. As far as I'm concerned, you're a Beifong. You're one of the family."

With tears openly on their faces, the entire Beifong family gathered around, sharing their pain and loss for the artistic and selfless young man that they had lost - even Toph joined them.

" That's not the end of the journey. I've only started it because I never ever had a more broken heart than now. " Ikki said

Ikki silently swore that she would have words with Toph later, but for now, that could be set aside. She was a Beifong now, after all. And Beifongs must stick together, no matter what.

A/N did I made u cry? did I? mwahaha this is the last one

-

-

-

-

-

DONOUT WORRY I'LL MAKE A SQUELL MWAHAHA but first me and @TameTakara will edit this book