[Chapter 28 - Losing him was black]

The day had finally come! Ikki could barely contain her excitement, even her mom wasn't as excited as her when she married Tenzin. Ikki was looking at herself into the mirror. The custom-made white flight suit with lace trim and silk ribbons was absolutely perfect, everyone could be jealous of her.

Ikki was naturally beautiful, but with some make-up on and with that dress she was perfect, even the angels were jealous.

Sometimes, Ikki thought that being a Beifong is impossible. All the Beifongs were strong and independent. Ikki wasn't like them, they were like royalty, she wasn't.

"You look great, kid. Really working that....whatever it is. It's a tarp, right? Some kind of....tarp....thing."

Toph stood at the door of the tent that Ikki stood in, grinning in her usual fashion. She held up a single hand to silence Ikki's response.

"Nah, Nah, hear me out. I'm a rude old asshole with no respect for anything, and unreasonably high standards. Nothing that anybody does is ever good enough for me, and never will be. But here's my wedding gift to you."

Strong arms dragged Ikki into a hug that would have put The Boulder IV to shame, and Toph's voice lowered to a whisper.

"You are good enough to marry my grandson. Good enough to be a Beifong. And don't you ever forget that."

The moment passed, and Toph simply dropped Ikki, wandering back towards the tent's entrance.

"Alright, I should go. I'm hungry. Bye, kiddo. "

She left on that high note, leaving Ikki blushing furiously and lost for words.

Sounds drifted in from outside, snippets of conversation, and she reflected on the past two years since she had confessed her feelings to Huan.

She had two wonderful years, despite the bad moments. She has been all of them and she won every single time. Of course, she had some fights she lost, but in the end, she was happy and near her was the man she truly loved.

Ikki walked out from the tent and she saw that Rohan was waiting for her. The others were already into the spirit world, waiting for her.

" You look amazing, sis. " Rohan said happily, he was going to be walking her down the aisle - as was his duty as the Best Man. He offered her his elbow, and with the flight suit and veil properly fastened, led her to the spirit portal.

The green light surrounded them and as fast as the wind they were into the spirit world.

The thunderous applause and cheering of the gathered people and spirits nearly deafened her, but seeing Aang and Sokka standing in the front row, smiling at her, was the second-best part. The only thing that could be better was the sight of her fiance, waiting for her at the altar. But he wasn't there.

Aang comes near his granddaughter.

" You're stunning, Ikki. I am so proud of you and I'm glad that you chose this location. "

" I love you, grandpa. "

" Love you too, sweetheart. "

The beautiful bride looked again for her fiance, but she couldn't see him. She went to her dad, to ask him where was Huan, but Tenzin looked surprised when she asked that.

" I thought he was with you, we were here for one hour and he wasn't with us. " was Tenzin's response

Two hours had passed, and they were all certain of it. Wherever Huan Beifong was, he certainly wasn't here. He was not at his wedding.

Ikki started to cry, this couldn't be happening to her, not in her special day, no.

" Look, kiddo. He hadn't left you. " Toph said

"How could you know?"

" I know because Lin found a letter. He was captured. "

A/N omg omg cliffhanger