Chapter 41

Courtney's pov;

"Did you open this? Answer me now." He growls.

He looks so angry I'm actually scared.

"Y-yes." I stutter.

"Why?" He asks calmly, which scares me even more.

"B-because I just tripped over it, a-and I w-was curious a-" I try to make a sentence but he cuts in.

"So you opened it because you were curious?!" He screams.

"I'm sorry!" I scream back.

"Can't you just keep your fucking nose out of my business?! Did you read the journal inside?" He yells, and I look everywhere but into his eyes.

"Look at me!" He shouts and it makes me jump.

I make eye contact with him and his eyes have an angry glint to them.

"Yes." I whisper.

"What the fuck Courtney?! I leave you alone for what, 15 minutes and you go snooping around?! If you see something that has a fucking padlock on it, you don't go fucking looking for the key to unlock it because it's not yours for fucks sake!" He screams and tears roll down my eyes.

"I-I'm sorry Dy-"

"Get out." He lowers his voice.

"W-what?" I stutter.

"I said get out! Get the fuck out of my house now!" He screams and his face turns purple.

I run down the stairs, grab my phone and shove my shoes on before running out the door and down the road.

I run and run and I don't stop, until I come to a bench. I sit down and whip my phone out.

I can't shake the thought of him looking so angry.

I've never seen him that angry before.

I unlock my phone and decide to call someone to pick me up.

It's only a 20 minute walk to my house but I could do with the company to be honest.

I'm crying so hard, my vision starts to get blurry.

I click the contact I thought was Ellie, and put my phone up to my ear.

"Ellie?" I ask.

"No it's Tyler." He simply says.

"O-oh s-sorry." I stutter.

"It's fine, are you okay?" He asks concerned.

"Yeh I'm fine, sorry I called you, I thought you were Ellie." I sniffle.

"You're not fine, are you out?" He asks me.

"Y-yes." I cry.

"Where are you?" He asks me.

"Barcley street. You wouldn't know where that is would you?" I ask.

"I've got a sat nav, I'll be there as quick as I can." He says and hangs up.

Dylan's pov;

I can't believe she opened it.

That box is personal, and if she ever found out the things I did, she would never look at me the same way again.

It was a moment of madness.

If she had just kept her nose out of my business, we wouldn't be in this situation.

I shouldn't have got as mad as I did, because she looked so terrified of me.

I don't want her to be scared of me. I would never hurt her.