Chapter 2

Courtney's pov;
My first class was music, which was my favourite class. I had a really nice teacher called Mrs Honey. "Good morning everyone." She said in her thick New York accent.

"Now today we are going to be doing something a bit different. We are goi-" She was interrupted by a boy rushing into the classroom. "Dylan. Late again I see?" Mrs Honey says to the rather attractive boy. "No shit Sherlock." He rudely replies and the whole class laughs. Mrs Honey sighs and says "Detention after school Dylan, take a seat please."

I looked around the room and the only empty seat was next to me.
He walked over and slumped into his chair.

"Now as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, we will be doing something a bit different today. I will be calling up people and they will either sing, or play an instrument, or whatever musical talent you have. You will have a few minutes to discuss this with the people around you, then I will start picking people. Before you begin chatting, over there is Courtney. She's new here so everyone be friendly to her please. Now you may talk."

"So new girl eh?" I hear Dylan say to me. "Yeh I moved here from England a few weeks ago." I sweetly replied. "English girls are hot." He smirks at me. I simply smile at him because I'm really not sure what to say. When attractive boys talk to me I turn into a potato. It's really annoying.

"So do you sing or play an instrument?" Dylan asks me. "I sing and play the piano. What about you?" I ask him. "I play the guitar. Mainly electric." He replies. "Have you written any songs?" He asks me again. "A few." I blush. My songs are embarrassing. "Have you?" I ask him. "I only write songs about things that anger me. I can't write songs about things that make me happy." He replies.

"Right class that's enough discussion time. Let me see Courtney! Because you're new, would you like to start?"
I feel my cheeks heat up, as I get up and walk over to the piano.

I hear some boys wolf whistle at me, but I ignore it, and sit at the piano.

I play the song 'Hold onto me' by the band Mayday Parade.

I know I've got my problems and it starts with me

She saw something inside that I can't see

And late at night, yeah she'll comfort me

Hold onto me, hold onto me

I play and sing the whole song until I'm finished. And to my surprise everyone stands up and claps.

"That was outstanding!" Mrs Honey praises me. "I'm speechless!" She says.

"You are so good!" I heard a voice behind me say. I look around and see this short girl standing behind me. She was about 5'1 and she had bright red hair. She wore glasses like mine, and her dress sense was like mine as well. She was wearing skinny black jeans, a top that said 'nobody cares' a leather jacket and Dr Martens. She's quite pretty actually.

"Awh thankyou!" I reply. "I'm called Ellie." The red head tells me. "I'm Courtney." I tell her. "So you're new here? Did you wanna sit with me at lunch? I can tell you who to be mates with and who to steer clear of." She asks me. "Yeah that would be lovely." I smile warmly at her. She seems like she could be a good friend.

"Well Williams, your voice isn't the only thing that's good about you." I hear someone say behind me. I turn around and see Dylan standing there smirking with 2 other boys either side of him.

"Shut up Dylan, she doesn't want your dick." I hear Ellie say. Did she really just say that?! "Yeah but you did last week Fuller." Dylan shouts and you just everyone say 'oooo burnnn!'

"Yeah I did, then I saw it and realised how tiny it was." Ellie retorts and everyone shouts 'BURNNN!' Again.

"What was that about?" I whispered to Ellie. "That's Dylan O Brien. He's the most popular guy in school, and he's a complete dick. I mean he can be alright, but he's mainly a dick. The boys with him are Luke and Jamie. They're his 2 best mates and they're alright, but they're also dicks."
"When you said his dick was tiny, was you being serious?" I was embarrassed to ask her that, but I was curious! "Nah his dick was average, I slept with him last week coz I hooked up with him at a party, but that's in the past, as I have a boyfriend now. His names Oli." Her face lights up when she mentions her boyfriend. "You can meet him at lunch if you want." She asks me. "Yeah okay." I reply.

Dylan O Brien eh? He seems different.....