Chapter 14

WARNING! This chapter contains sexual content. You have been warned.

Courtney's pov;

I woke up to the sound of mum and Zoe rushing about.

I got up, slipped my bunny slippers on, and went downstairs.

"Morning guys." I say half asleep.

"Morning love." My mum says to me.

"Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you last night. Your principal called me yesterday." She said and she looked sad.

Shit. He rung her about Shawn.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She whispers.

"Mum I didn't tell you, because he didn't rape me. He nearly did. And I didn't want to worry you, and I didn't want it be anything bigger than it already was, I just wanted to get it out of my mind as soon as I could." I explain to her.

"I would have rather you'd have told me. You tell me everything Courtney, that's what makes us so close, you tell me everything, and I'll tell you everything? You remember that deal?" She says and I smile because she remembers that.

"Mum I was five when I made that deal with you." I say.

"I know you were. But you kept your end of the deal up until now. I'm even more worried that you dealt with that on your own." She says, a tear running down her face.

I immediately throw my arms around her.

"Mum I wasn't alone. Dylan was helping me, and cheering me up." I smile at the memories.

"I like that Dylan a lot. Your principal told me he was the one who saved you from that monster. I'll never be able to thank him enough. In fact, you two are friends right?" She asks me.

"Yeah... Well we sort of had a fight, but I'm going round his today to sort it out hopefully." I say to her.

"Ah right. Well when you two do make up, invite him round for dinner. To say thank you." She smiles.

"Mum you're going away for two weeks love." I laugh.

"Oh yes! I almost forgot! Well when I get back invite him round then." She beams at me.

"Okay mum okay." I say. "Now come on, let's finish your packing."

**2 hours later**

"Are you sure you'll be alright dear?" Mum says to me. "You could always come with us?" She worries too much.

"Mum I'll be fine!" I say.

"Oh I know you will be darling, but I just worry don't I? Well no wild parties when I'm gone okay." She says and nudges me.

"I won't mum. Now go on you'll be late!" I say and hurry her into the car.

I do love my mum loads, but she does talk for hours.

"Bye Courtney!" Zoe says, and runs up to hug me.

"Bye Zoe! Have fun." I grin at her.

I know she's only going because she heard there might be some boys her age going.

"You know I will." She grins back.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do." I smirk, and she rolls her eyes and gets into the car.

I wave them off.

I walk back into the empty house, and wonder what to do now I'm alone.

I run upstairs to my room, and turn on The 1975 full blast.