Chapter 42

Courtney's pov;

The succulent smell of bacon hits my nose causing me to wake up.

I put on my bunny slippers and walk downstairs to see dad cooking.

"What you cooking dad?" I ask him.

"Bacon butties." He replies.

"So britsh of you." I joke and he laughs.

"Smells good dad." Zoe says from behind me.

"How was your date with Harry?" I ask her.

"It was fab. He was so lovely and I won bowling." She smirks.

"Good. And ayyy." I say before fist bumping her.

"There you go girls." My dad hands us our plates full of food.

"Thanks dad." I say whilst taking a bite.

"Your bloody phone won't stop ringing Courtney." Mum says walking down the stairs.

"Oops sorry. Who is it?" I ask her.

"Dylan." She replies and hands me my phone.

"I'll be right back." I say before leaving them to go to my bedroom.

I click answer and hold the phone up to my ear.

"Yes?" I say.

"Courtney, listen we need to talk."

"Okay."

"So.... Did you wanna come over later or...?"

"Okay."

"Right, well come over whenever you want."

"Okay." I say before hanging up.

I don't care if I was sharp with him, he deserves it.

I walk back downstairs and carry on eating my food.

"There you go love." Mum says whilst handing me a cup of hot chocolate.

"Thank you mum." I reply.

"I'm going to see Dylan again today." I tell them.

"Oh that's nice, is everything okay between you two?" Dad asks.

"It will be." I reply.

******************

I try and keep my cool as I pull up outside of Dylan's.

To be honest, I'm nervous because I don't want him to get angry again.

It takes all my courage to walk over and knock at the door, and he immediately opens it.

He's wearing sweatpants, a white t-shirt and it looks like he hasn't slept at all.

He stands out the way so I can walk in.

"Sit down." He says, patting the seat next to him.

I sit at the seat opposite him instead, because I'm stubborn like that.

"Or sit there instead?" He says, but it comes out more like a question rather than anything else.

"So-" I start to say, but he cuts me off.

"Let me talk. Let me tell you everything, and you can't interrupt me until I've told you the whole story. If you want to leave me after I've told you everything, I'll understand." He looks straight into my eyes, and he starts to worry me.

What has he done that's so bad, that I might want to leave him?

Dylan's pov;

Let me talk. Let me tell you everything, and you can't interrupt me until I've told you the whole story. If you want to leave me after I've told you everything, I'll understand." I stare straight into her eyes so she knows I'm being deadly serious.

I can't believe I'm about to actually tell someone my past.

I hope she doesn't leave me.

If she loves me, she won't leave me right?

She nods slowly confirming that she'll listen to me.

"Right. Okay." My palms start to sweat, and I'm suddenly really nervous.

"About 5 years ago, I met this girl. Her name was Jaymee. She was almost as beautiful as you. I fell in love with her the minute I saw her, and I had to have her. She came across as the most innocent and sweet girl I had ever met, but little did I know she was complete opposite. She introduced me to all my old friends, and they introduced me to things like drugs, alcohol, guns, knives, things like that. Jaymee told me she was in love with me, and I believed her. I adored the ground she walked on, and I was there at her every beck and call. I gave her everything she needed. Whilst I was so infatuated by her, she was filling me with her poisonous ways. I became a drug addict, and I was reckless. One day she told me to meet her somewhere so we could spend time alone. I went there, and as soon as I walked in, some guys grabbed me and tied me up. She gave me up to some dealers because she didn't have the money they wanted. She never loved me, she used me. Anyways, I managed to escape, and I went to go see Jaymee, only to find that when I got there, she was in bed with another man. I flipped shit and told the man to piss off, and then Jaymee told me she wanted to talk. We sat down and started talking, until she got up and stood behind me. She was kissing my neck, and I was too mesmerised by her to realise she was holding a gun to my head. She told me that she never loved me and that she was just using me for her drugs because that's what she does. A gunshot went off, but I wasn't the one who died, she was. I killed her Courtney. I killed her because she was going to kill me. How could she do that to me? She told me she loved me. After that my dealer found out, and tried to kill me because my dealer, Jordan, was Jaymee's brother. That's when I ran. I said goodbye to all my friends, and that's when my friend Kyle asked me for a gun to use at the shooting range. I had about 3 on me because I was leaving, so I gave him one, and he used it to shoot Lily because he was jealous of her and Tyler's relationship. I didn't know anything about that, so I felt so bad when Tyler told me. That wasn't the reason I was off with him though, the reason I was off with him when he first joined was because he knew I was addicted to drugs, but he carried on supplying me with more, and he was just such a dick, so I thought he moved here to ruin my life. Turned out that he moved here for a fresh start, just like me. So that's my past. If you want to leave me, I completely understand, but just know that I love you, and I would never do anything to hurt you." I finish saying and I take a sip of my drink because my throats dry.

I scan her face for emotion, but I can't make out what she's feeling or thinking.

"I would never leave you Dylan. I'm too in love with you. I told you, you could do something so so bad, and I could never bring myself to leave you because I'm too in love with you. What you did was self defence. She was going to kill you anyway." She takes my hand and looks me in the eyes.

"I love you Dylan. I'm so sorry for snooping around, I should have never have done that, because it's invading your privacy, I just let my curiosity get the better of me. We're in this together okay?" She tells me and a tear rolls down my cheek.

I wipe it away because I'm a man, and she pulls me into a hug.

I start crying even harder, and she comforts me.

"Don't cry Dylan," Her calming voice soothes me.

"I'm just so surprised you didn't run. You stayed with me. Most people would have run, but you didn't." I cry.

"But I'm not most people Dylan. I'm your girlfriend. And I'm not saying what you did was right, but it wasn't wrong either. I told you I'd never leave you, and I'm sticking to that." She tells me.

"What did I do to deserve you eh?" I ask her and she smiles, before wiping away my tears.

"I love you Courtney. More than you'll ever know."

*******************

Courtney's pov;

Tyler rung me earlier and asked me how things were, and I told him everything was sorted.

After we had that heart to heart, we laid there for a good 3 hours just talking about everything.

He killed someone. I know that.

I know that, like Dylan said, most girls would be out of that relationship quicker than Usain Bolt, but I couldn't leave him even if I wanted to.

He's my world. He means everything to me.