Chapter 1

Courtney's pov;

I woke up to the sound of The 1975. Ugh my alarm. I threw a book at it, and to my surprise I hit it, so it stopped. I got up and walked over to my wardrobe so I could decide what to wear for school.

I moved to America a few weeks ago because my dad got a good job offer, and he had to take it as he'd be mad to turn it down. So I have to start a whole new school, which I was so nervous about.

I was nervous because I'm not like most girls. I actually work hard, and I do want to get somewhere in life.

I picked a pair of skinny jeans, my favourite The 1975 t-shirt, and my leather jacket. If you can't tell already, I'm completely in love with The 1975.

I laid my clothes out on my bed, and went to have a shower. I stripped and stepped into the shower. I quite liked my new house because I had an en-suite bathroom, whereas in my old house, I always had to fight for the bathroom with my younger sister. My younger sister, Zoe is 13. I'm 17, so there's only 4 years difference between us.

Zoe was quite mature for her age. I never seemed to have a lot of arguments with her, because she generally didn't annoy me that much. We weren't really close, but we definitely had a close bond. She was quite tall and skinny with blue eyes, and long dirty blonde hair. She was really pretty.

Once i had finished in the shower, I stepped out and the cold air hit me, causing goosebumps to appear on my light skin. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around me.

I walked over to my underwear drawer, and picked out some really cute black lace underwear, with a tiny pink bow on the front. I chose a lace black bra to match.
I hated my boobs. They weren't tiny, but they were big enough for guys to stare at. I hate it when boys do that. I was what people would call 'curvy'. I wasn't overweight nor was I underweight, I was the perfect size.

I walked back over to my bed and slipped my skinny jeans, and t shirt on. I walked over to my dressing table and picked up some makeup. I don't wear make up every day because it gets annoying, but being as I'm starting a new school, i should make an effort because first impressions always count.

I picked out a light brown eyeshadow, that complimented my strange blue eyes. I only said my eyes were strange because they're blue with a light brown ring around the pupil. They're weird. I then added a bit of mascara, and winged eyeliner, then added a baby pink lipstick which was really cute. Once I was done with my make up, I decided to just brush my hair and keep the natural beach waves in. My hair takes quite a long time to brush as it's fairly long. I put on my glasses which were the 'geek' style glasses. And yes they were real, i can't see without them!

After I'd finally got ready I looked at the clock and it read 8:15. I had a good 15 minutes before I had to leave. I knew the walk to school was about 5-10 minutes away as when I first moved here, I had to walk there to look around.

I grabbed my leather jacket, my black vans, and my backpack and walked downstairs.

When I got downstairs my mum was down there getting ready for work. She works as a journalist for some gossip magazine that I have no interest in. She works from 9 till 10, the same hours she did when we lived in England. My dad works as a businessman, so he's hardly ever here.

"Morning love." My mum turns and says to me. "Morning mum". I reply. "Can Zo walk halfway with you to school today?" My mum asks me. "If she wants." I simply say. I don't mind Zoe walking with me, because as I said earlier, she isn't that annoying. I quickly grabbed a piece of toast and ate it. I slipped my jacket and my vans on, and stuck my earphones in. I put on the song 'Sex' by the 1975 as it was my favourite. And no it wasn't my favourite just because it was called sex ;) I put it on shuffle and put my phone in my back pocket.

"You feeling nervous Hun?" My mum asks me. "Sort of." I say. "You'll be fine dear, just focus on your grades, and make lots of friends." My mum says to me.

"Zo you ready?!" I shout up the stairs. "Yeh coming!" I hear her say. Zoe walks down the stairs in a cute flowery blouse, and dark blue jeans. She tops it off with pink pumps, and her dirty blonde hair in a bun with an adorable little red bandana with a bow at the top. She looks really gorgeous.

She has the complete opposite dress style to me. I like the colour black, and she likes flowers and bows and cutesy things like that.

"Right well were off, see you later mum." I say to her and kiss her on the cheek. "Bye bye love, have fun you two, and good luck!"
"Thanks mum!" Me and Zoe both say in unison and walk out the door.

After what It seems like a lifetime of walking, (I'm quite lazy so I hate walking) Zoe speaks up.
"I'm really nervous Courtney. I'm scared no one will like me and I won't make any friends."
"Hey!" I turn to look at her. "Of course you'll make friends love. You're gorgeous and so funny! How can people not like you?"
Zoe smiled. "Thankyou Courtney. Same goes for you by the way. You're gorgeous so you'll probably have guys drooling over you." I laugh at this. "If you say so Zo." We got to the turning of her school so I hugged her goodbye and asked her if she wanted me to meet her halfway after school and she told me no she'd like to walk back by herself so she can listen to music, which was fine by me. We then parted ways, and I headed towards my new school.