Chapter Seventeen

Candace's POV
"Candace honey, can I talk to you before you go?",my mom appeared in my room and sat down beside me on my bed.
"I know you probably think this is a bad idea mom bu-",I started.
"It is a bad idea. Something just doesn't feel right about this."
"Something like what? I want Chris to know that I'm carrying his baby that's it."
"Why can't you tell him over the phone or over a letter?"she asked just as the doorbell rang.
"Because unlike him, I like to handle my business face to face." I stood up from the bed and looked at her,"Ma, don't worry about me, I'll be alright."
"Oh why must you be as stubborn as your father! Candace I just feel like this isn't going to go well and as your mother I strongly advice you to listen to me!"
"Mom, bye."I said leaving her alone in my room as I walked downstairs to answer the front door to let Jordan inside the house.
He greeted me with a hug and a kiss on the cheek,"Hey, you ready to go?"
I nodded. He grabbed my small luggage and placed it in the car then came back to escort me safely to the car. He's such a gentleman. I love how nicely he treats me and I know it's not a facade because he's been that way since day one. He and I might not be together but if I were looking for someone to date he would be my number one choice but I'm not looking for a relationship any time soon.
Jordan started driving off towards the airport and I kept to myself the entire drive. We arrived there briefly and got checked in then made our way onto the plane. He made sure a flight attendant brought me an extra blanket and a pillow to ensure my plane ride was as comfortable as possible.
When the plane took off I stared out of the window and thought back to the conversation I had with my mom before we left. What if she was right? I mean, what if going to Detroit to tell Chris about our baby is just one huge mistake? What if something bad really does happen like she said? Then what?
"Candace what's wrong?",Jordan asked.
"Nothing.",I shook my head.
"Look I know when you're telling the truth and when your not. Just tell me what's on your mind."
I fiddled with my fingers and said softly,"I'm kinda scared. What if this whole thing is just a big mistake?"
"Candace, I can't tell you what you can and can't do but I will tell you that what ever you decide to choose I'll be here with you. I'm not going anywhere. As long as I'm with you, you have nothing to be afraid of alright?"
I nodded.
"So whatchu gonna name the baby anyways? J.J?"
"J.J?"
"Yeah, Jordan Jr."
We both laughed,"You are so crazy." I grabbed his hand and squeezed it tight "I don't know but I want you to know that having you here with me means more than you could even imagine. Thank you."
"No problem. Can I touch little J.J?",he asked pointing to my stomach.
I giggled and nodded my head. He slowly reached his hands out and placed them on my big round stomach. I moved his hand over to where the baby's foot was usually kicking. Once the baby kicked Jordan slightly jumped back and said,"J.J is gonna be a soccer player or something."
I smiled at him and said nothing. He turned over at me and smirked,"What?"
I shrugged. "It's just....you would make a great dad some day."
"You think so?",he asked.
"Absolutely."
"Well, I know your gonna be a great mother to little J.J."
We both laughed and I shook my head,"Shut up Jordan."

Chris' POV
"And this"I said allowing Melanie access to walk in first "is my office."
"Wow. Look at you Mr.Boss Man. I don't think I've ever seen an office this big. Especially one with Versace furniture and decor.",she giggled.
"Why you always gotta be so damn sarcastic?"
"I'm sorry."she came over and planted a kiss on my lips. "So what's it feel like to own such a large empire like this? You must feel on top of the world."
I shrugged,"Me and Trey don't really trust nobody except each other when it comes to business. The same person you shaking hands with could be the same person to put you out of business."
"Chris, I'm so impressed! Do you just sit here and order people around all day?"
"No, believe it or not, I have work just like very body else. Like today I'm meeting with some doctor from L.A named......Dr.Neal?"
"Dr. Jordan Neal?"
"Yeah, I think so."
"I work for him. What's he coming over here for?"
"I don't know. He said he has some important business to discuss and even though he only asked to meet with me, I never discuss business without my brother so Trey's gonna be here for the meeting as well."
"Oh my gosh, is Imani here?"Mel asked.
"She should be."
"Well where does she work? I wanna go see her."
"She cleans bathrooms Mel. Matter fact go across the hall to Trey's office and ask him. His ass probably watching her through the security cameras."
"Okay!",she jumped out of her seat and practically ran out of my office.

Melanie's POV
I knocked on Trey's office door and heard whispering on the other side of the door. I knocked again and I'm pretty sure I heard someone moaning but since I wasn't sure I knocked again.
"Aye whose there?",Trey called out.
"Uh, it's Melanie.",I answered back.
"Melanie? Who the fuck is Melanie?"
I cleared my throat to respond but his office door swung open and looked angry when he opened up the door but a soft smile crept upon his face when he recognized me.
"Oh, what's up Melanie?",he chuckled.
I cleared my throat again and pointed to his unbuttoned shirt and unbuckled belt. He looked down and realized his appearance and quickly fixed his attire.
"Um, anyways. I was wondering if you knew where Imani is.",I said.
"Yeah, she in here."he said as he finished buttoning his shirt.
I cocked my head to the side and saw Imani fixing her clothes and hair as well.
"I'm sorry, I hope I didn't interrupt anything.",I said turning to leave.
"Nah you good, we finished anyways."
Imani came to the doorway and once she saw me we both shrieked like we haven't seen each other in ages and nearly jumped on each other in a tight hug.
"Melanie what are you doing here?", she asked tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.
"I decided to come with Chris to work to see what it's like here. You know today is my last night in town. I'll be gone in the morning.",I answered.
"Oh that's right. God I wish you could stay longer. We would have had so much fun together!"
"Well maybe next time you could come to L.A and visit me."
"Yeah of course."
Out of all the people in this world that I've met, Imani is someone that I liked right off the back. I don't know her very well but when I met her the night we doubled with the guys, she kinda let me know what she's all about and I like her a lot. We smiled at each other and and jumped into another tight hug that last a bit longer.
I heard a door open and then Chris stepped out and said lowly,"Mm! That's it right there."
Trey dapped him up and said,"I know right? Can one of y'all take your shirt off or something? Or at least hug each other tighter?"
"Matter fact, y'all just need to make out of something. Don't be afraid of the tongue!"
Imani and I pulled apart from our hug and turned over to the guys and rolled our eyes. I looked over at Imani and asked,"So the guys have some meeting they have soon so do you wanna go hang out?"
"I can't. I'm still working.",Imani answered.
I laughed,"That's not what you two were doing when I knocked on the door."
Chris raised his eyebrow at them and I could tell he was gonna say something some I gave him a 'It's not a big deal look' and he clenched his jaw and remained quiet.
"I know bu-"
"Imani, go on ahead. Go hang out with your friend."Trey said.
"You sure?"
"Yeah."
"Great! Let's go.",I said pulling her arm and leading her into the elevator.
"So how are you and Chris doing?",she asked.
I shrugged,"We're good. Right now I feel like he's the only man I've ever really been able to trust. He's something special. He cares. He wants to get to know me better and I have a rough time letting him in sometimes."
"How come?",she questioned.
"I don't want it all to blow up on my face. We've only known each other for such a short amount of time yet sometimes it feels like an eternity."
"I can understand that completely."Imani said as we stepped out of the elevator.
The women around the front office seemed to have been whispering to each other and staring back at us as if they were talking about us. They gave me some dirty looks too which made me extremely uncomfortable.
I leaned closer to Imani and whispered,"Why are they looking at us like that? They didn't do that when I walked in with Chris."
"I don't know. Let's just get outta here.",she said and I followed her out of the building.