Chapter Twenty Seven

Melanie's POV
"Chris I'm so tired I think I'm gonna head on home.",I yawned and stood up to my feet as I stretched out.

"Aw, so soon?", Imani pouted.

"Yeah, you ain't gotta leave. We got plenty of room, you can stay.", Trey said.

Chris grabbed my hand and pulled me into his lap. I smiled and rested my head in the crook of his neck. I pecked his neck and mumbled,"I gotta go Chris."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and whispered against my ear,"How you gon leave me hangin like that mama? On Christmas Eve too? Now why would you leave when you know you're the only thing I put on my wish list this year?"

I blushed,"So what are you saying? You want me to stay the night?"

"Of course I do. I'm tryna spend as much time as I can with you.", he kissed my cheek.

I giggled," Well then I guess could stay but I didnt bring any extra clothes."

"Just wear one of my shirts. Now c'mon I'mma take you upstairs."

He picked me up bridal style and said to Trey and Imani,"Aight y'all we going to bed see y'all tomorrow."

"Goodnight!", they called out to us as we headed upstairs.

Chris carried me into his room and gently set me onto the bed.

He reached into his dresser and pulled out a large black Chicago Bulls shirt and handed it to me to change into.

"Thank you.", I said to him then headed into the bathroom to change out of my clothes. I stripped down to nothing except my panties and just put his shirt on. Then I put my hair up in a messy bun.

I walked back into the room and Chris was faced away from me and he took off his shirt. I smiled at the sight of his tattoos. He was such a beautiful looking man in all honesty. Sure, he wasn't always completely honest to me about his past but that doesnt mean he isnt a good guy.

Ever since my last night in Detroit when I asked Chris to make me feel like a virgin again, I've just been a completely different person. I actually feel beautiful. I feel alive. I feel like a woman. A part of me had been missing in my life for the longest time but I feel complete when I'm with Chris.

Chris was still unaware of my presence in the room and as he began to take off his wristwatch, I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind. I placed a soft kiss in his back then I laid my head against it and I closed my eyes. This is a moment I want to be sure to remember after Chris goes back home in three days.

Chris chuckled,"You miss me?"

I nodded,"You know I always do."

He turned around asked,"Do me a favor and reach into that dresser and bring out some basketball shorts for me."

I did as he asked and handed him the shorts. He flashed me a smile,"Thanks." He pulled off his pants and put on the shorts.

"Aight, sorry for the wait lets go sleep now." He placed his hands on my waist as I lead the way over to the bed. I climbed in first and Chris followed suit.

There was a small gap in between us and Chris said,"Girl why are you so far away from me?"

"Chris I'm laying right next to you. We're like a centimeter away from each other.", I giggled.

"Well that's too far away. I can barely see you."he squinted jokingly.

I laughed and scooted closer,"Is this better?"

He kissed his teeth and pulled me on top of him,"THIS is more like it."

I laughed and slapped his chest,"Wow."