Chapter Ten

Trey's POV
"Baby I'm gonna miss you soo much.",Megan said kissing all over me as we sat in the kitchen drinking coffee the next morning.
"Mmhm.",I mumbled as I took a sip from my cup.
To tell you the truth I really don't wanna go to this auction because I feel like if I leave while there could be something between Imani and I, when I come back there could e nothing even though I'll only be gone for two days.
Right now I don't even care for Megan. We barely have anything in common and I can't talk to her the way I can to Imani. I'm willing to toss Megan to the curb if Imani is willing to give 'us' a chance.
"You're still mad at me for going out last night aren't you?", Megan asked interrupting my thoughts.
"What? No. No, it's cool." The only reason I say that is because if Megan were here last night then there would still be nothing going on between me and Imani. Speaking of Imani, I heard her walk down the stairs and I looked up from my cup just as she walked into the kitchen. My eyes followed her as she walked over to the fridge and pulled out a small cup of yogurt and a banana. She was clearly avoiding my eye contact and I don't blame her.
I wanted to talk to her but it would be nearly impossibly with Megan here. The doorbell rang and I knew it was Chris because we planned on riding together to the hotel where the auction would be held at. Megan got up to go answer it and I turned over to Imani and said,"Hey can w-"
She shook her head no and walked out of the kitchen towards the living room. I followed her to the living room and stopped when I saw Chris crinkle his eyebrows.
I forced a smile on my face and gave him a hug,"Aye what's bruh?"
He looked me up and down and said lowly,"Nothin. Aye you ready to go? We don't wanna be late."
"Aight", I shrugged. Anything to get outta this awkward situation. I grabbed my suitcase that was sitting by the couch and headed towards the door with Chris leading the way to the car.
Megan kissed my on my cheek and said,"Bye baby."
I nodded and answered,"Bye."
I shoved my suitcase into the trunk of Chris' white Escalade and joined him in the passenger seat. I buckled myself in and he just stared at me, waiting for me to look at him but I just couldn't so i said,"Chris, you gon drive or what? You want me to?"
He kissed his teeth and started up the car and started driving out of my neighborhood and onto the main road,"You gon have to watch how you talk to me bruh. You know I don't tolerate that shit from nobody."
"Aight, my fault. Sorry."
He nodded then a smirk came across his face,"So was I trippin, or did you really have two females up in the same house as you?"
"Naw, you wasn't trippin, but it ain't like that Chris."

Chris' POV
"Nigga it's always like that!",I laughed.
Trey seemed a little uptight and uncomfortable. i know my little brother, and when something ain't right he don't like to tell nobody. As I continued to drive in the direction of the hotel we were going to, I peeked over at Trey and said lowly,"Aye what's goin on with you?"
"Nothing man, I'm cool.",he lied.
"Come on man, I know you better than that. Wassup Kid?"
He sighed and said,"Man, I'm having female problems."
"Nobody's pregnant right?",I asked in alarm.
"No man! It's just....... I'm really feeling this female right now, and I'm pretty sure she's feeling me too and something happened between us last night and I told her flat out that I was willing to toss Megan to the side for her. Now I might have just scared her away because she wouldn't even look me in the eyes this morning."
"It's that other female that was in the house right?"
He nodded.
"And she work for us too right? As a janitor. Yeah, I remember her. The one with the fucked up attitude."
"Aye ease up Chris."
Ease up? My little brother is telling me to ease up on a female that been nothing but down right disrespectful fro the very start. She probably mad because I ain't fuck with her like I fucked them other females in the office. "Why the fuck is she even at your house?"
"She's going through some things and I just wanna help her get back on her feet."
"And you ain't gettin no ass? At all? Nigga be smart and tell that bitch it's time to go!"
"That's not her name, so don't call her that, aight?"
"Man, you gettin soft Trey!"I shook my head. "Show no love to these females!"
"Well we all can't be hard and leave our fiance's in the alter like you."he snapped.
I kissed my teeth,"You know what, if you wanna cry about some bitch you don't know and that probably doesn't give a rats ASS about you, then go ahead. I don't care no more."
"Good, I don't even know why I thought you could help. It ain't even like you respect women anyways."he muttered.
I parked the car on the side of the road and turned to Trey,"Yo you got beef with me?"
He couldn't even look me in the eyes. It made me mad just to see how my brother was acting towards me. I haven't done anything but give him my honest opinion. That's what my pops did to me and now that he's gone. it's my job to do it to Trey. It's the only way to toughen him up.
"Oh so you can hear no more? If you feelin some type of way, man the fuck up and say it. Stop bein a little bitch and talking shit. You good or what?"
He turned over to me and furrowed his eyebrows,"You wanna hear the truth? Well here it is. You like to act like you just got life all figured out. Like you just run all the shit and you think your so fucking perfect, well you're not! Runnin around town like a damn pimp, just fucking hoes left and right then you wanna sit in this damn car and gimme some bullshit advice like you somebody's daddy! You're my brother so act like it!"
The fire in his eye told me he was dead ass serious. I didn't know that's what my brother thought of me. It actually kinda stung hearing that and he must of known that too because he added,"We're a team. Ma and pop left this business to us so what you do affects me too and I'm not tryna look bad so all that shit needs to end. The hoes, the partying, Candace-"
"What about Candace? That's all said and done. I ain't rockin with her no more."
"Bruh, you know she been tryna talk to you for some time now. This shit can be controversial. Just promise me that when we get back you'll settle things with her?"
I nodded,"Aight. And Trey, I know I been messing around and I get down on you a lot but it's only cuz I love you and you the only fam I got left."
He looked at me and nodded,"I know, love you too Chris."

Candace's POV
"I can't believe you wanna take me with you!",I squealed as I threw my arms around Jordan's neck in a tight hug.
"I told you that I'll be looking after you so how could I do that if I'll be all the way in Detroit for the next two days?",he smiled.
"Well",I said folding some of my clothes and stuffing it into my luggage" I guess I just never knew someone who cared about me as much as you."
"Candace, I swear you take too long for everything" he joked" Here, lemme help you fold these clothes."
"What do I wear for this big auction? It's tonight isn't it?",I asked riffling through my clothes.
"Yeah, and our flight leaves in two hours plus we gotta pick up Melanie. Oh and you should wear this one."
"Ooh, who's Melanie?".
"Stop it. She's the nurse who got picked to go on this trip to be recognized for her hard work in the hospital."
I rolled my eyes playfully,"Well, I'll be more than happy to hook you up with her. Just gimme sometime alone with her to have some girl talk a-"
"No. Candace don't even try it. I'm not even interested in her like that and I don't want her feeling uncomfortable with all of that.",he urged.
I put my hands up in defense,"Alright, alright Jordan. No need to get all defensive."
"Be quiet. You ready to go now?"
"Yeah."I grabbed my purse and he grabbed my small luggage and we both headed towards the car quickly so we could make it to the airport in time.